British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

KOC Sat 4 June - Glasgow v Edinburgh

Baffling that Edinburgh accepted this! Bit like Glasgow riding on a Weds! 

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

When Glasgow returned to league speedway in 1964, they rode on a Wednesday night. Thanks to Poole we had to arrange their meeting for another night as Poole raced on Wednesdays and picked a Friday. The crowd was a lot better so they switched to Fridays.

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Endeavour said:

So no Sarj, Sam, Josh and looks like Lasse too.

A select team. A joke. Now let’s guess the guests.

Promoters have got Chris Harris on speed dial

2 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Promoters have got Chris Harris on speed dial

Bomber otherwise engaged next Saturday pal

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

It appears that Masters and Pickering are ridding in Poland on the Sunday so they would Not have been able to ride on the original date as well 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, snapper said:

It appears that Masters and Pickering are ridding in Poland on the Sunday so they would Not have been able to ride on the original date as well 

Maybe Glasgow should have gone back to their 1964 days of riding on a Weds? :D

54 minutes ago, snapper said:

The obvious thing would have been to change it to a date they were available,common sense is lacking.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

The obvious thing would have been to change it to a date they were available,common sense is lacking.

Maybe they think that they will be far enough ahead meaning the 2nd leg is a mere formality.

can’t believe I just wrote that.

But it is possible.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Maybe they think that they will be far enough ahead meaning the 2nd leg is a mere formality.

can’t believe I just wrote that.

But it is possible.

More like double figures behind from Friday first leg…..

Isn't the German SGP also on Saturday 4th, as well as International Footie (yes I know its England!!) on mainstream TV?!

Excellent fixture planning

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Isn't the German SGP also on Saturday 4th, as well as International Footie (yes I know its England!!) on mainstream TV?!

Excellent fixture planning

Oooh, so much sport to watch on my birthday, maybe i'll actually celebrate it lol

This has appeared on Edinburgh General Discussions FB :-

The Polish Fixtures for 2022 were published in the Speedway Star on APRIL 9 & the following are listed for Rawicz for June:-
4 - 5 Tarnow (a); 11 -12 Daugavpils (h); 18 -19 Poznan (a)
Puzzled how the Promotion were not aware of the Polish fixtures well in advance of agreeing to go Ashfield on 4th June? Look forward to the Promotion advising the fans as to why they agreed to go there this Saturday.

BTW both Masters & Pickering are contracted to Rawicz.
Edited by cyclone
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, cyclone said:

This has appeared on Edinburgh General Discussions FB :-

The Polish Fixtures for 2022 were published in the Speedway Star on APRIL 9 & the following are listed for Rawicz for June:-
4 - 5 Tarnow (a); 11 -12 Daugavpils (h); 18 -19 Poznan (a)
Puzzled how the Promotion were not aware of the Polish fixtures well in advance of agreeing to go Ashfield on 4th June? Look forward to the Promotion advising the fans as to why they agreed to go there this Saturday.

BTW both Masters & Pickering are contracted to Rawicz.

I believe Tom Brennan is too. Any news if he'll be missing? Or would he get 28 day ban if didn't fulfill a UK fixture in preference for Poland?

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I believe Tom Brennan is too. Any news if he'll be missing? Or would he get 28 day ban if didn't fulfill a UK fixture in preference for Poland?

My understanding is that as that wherever there is a  non challenge fixture clash, which ever club had the fixture logged in their schedule earliest then they have priority for the rider/s service. In these circumstances, there should be no ban on riders obliged to ride in Poland, and the UK club will be entitled to the normal guest or r/r facilities for absent riders.

If I'm correct, Edinburgh ,assuming they're already using  r/r for Fredriksen, can  use  guests for Masters up to 9.41 & Pickering up to 7.53.

Glasgow  can either use a guest for Brennan up to 6.76 or r/r using all home riders, except Cook.

is

So Edinburgh will have r/r for Lasse and guests for Sam, Josh and James. Glasgow either r/r or guest for Brennan.

Do the promotions honestly believe this is worth staging? Edinburgh in particular. 

• Like 1