British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

KOC Sat 4 June - Glasgow v Edinburgh

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I believe Tom Brennan is too. Any news if he'll be missing? Or would he get 28 day ban if didn't fulfill a UK fixture in preference for Poland?

Think the problem could be that it is a GB KOC match, not a league fixture.

polish league then has first dibs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

So Edinburgh will have r/r for Lasse and guests for Sam, Josh and James. Glasgow either r/r or guest for Brennan.

Do the promotions honestly believe this is worth staging? Edinburgh in particular. 

Has anyone worked out when the match could be held? If it gets moved again will other countries fixtures take precedence so could still end up with guests? Does anyone know if there is a deadline to complete KO Cup matches - there was talk of that after the farce caused by delays last year and previous years for that matter.  

2 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Has anyone worked out when the match could be held? If it gets moved again will other countries fixtures take precedence so could still end up with guests? Does anyone know if there is a deadline to complete KO Cup matches - there was talk of that after the farce caused by delays last year and previous years for that matter.  

Nobody’s bothered.it’s just how speedway is run nowadays.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

So Edinburgh will have r/r for Lasse and guests for Sam, Josh and James. Glasgow either r/r or guest for Brennan.

Do the promotions honestly believe this is worth staging? Edinburgh in particular. 

Of course they do...

Perfectly normal and acceptable I would imagine in their eyes.. 

The same outlook as every promote I would imagine as they seem to all do it..

Not sure every fan shares the same view though...

But that isnt important is it? ;)

Just like the tournaments they run due to using the operating model they do...

One day they may get it...

(What am I saying, of course they wont)..

Personally can't believe Bomber wont be there given so many guests are needed..

What a disgrace that they arranged it for a night he cannot be there so he misses out...:D

Statement released saying the polish fixture was scheduled for the Sunday hence why the match was made for Saturday.

The poles have now decided to run the Saturday and have priority as it isn’t a league fixture. They’ve also refused to comment or give us a reason for doing so. Polish speedway doing as they please again it seems. 

35 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Statement released saying the polish fixture was scheduled for the Sunday hence why the match was made for Saturday.

The poles have now decided to run the Saturday and have priority as it isn’t a league fixture. They’ve also refused to comment or give us a reason for doing so. Polish speedway doing as they please again it seems. 

Why can’t they just revert to the original Sunday fixture then.?

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Why can’t they just revert to the original Sunday fixture then.?

You’d need to ask the home team that question. 

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

That statement is incorrect. Until May 24th, when PZM announced the date as Saturday 4th, it could have been either day. This is always how Polish fixtures work. And Edinburgh know that. 

Edited by stewmac
Change
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, stewmac said:

That statement is incorrect. Until May 24th, when PZM announced the date as Saturday 4th, it could have been either day. This is always how Polish fixtures work. And Edinburgh know that. 

They were assured by their polish club the meeting would take place on the Sunday as they were in discussions with them before agreeing the Saturday.

Edited by Mr Blobby

2 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

They were assured by their polish club the meeting would take place on the Sunday as they were in discussions with them before agreeing the Saturday.

I suspect you and I have discussed this elsewhere, on FB. It is never definitely one day or the other until the official announcement. Even the riders know that. 

2 minutes ago, stewmac said:

I suspect you and I have discussed this elsewhere, on FB. It is never definitely one day or the other until the official announcement. Even the riders know that. 

I fully understand how the polish fixture system works. The main mistake the club has made is trusting what the poles have told them in good faith. 
probably be the last time they take their word for things. 

Given Edinburgh's recent choice of guests and acceptance of this fixture is anyone else of opinion they have basically written this season off? Putting all efforts, understandably, into finding a new home.

If the riders concerned have early enough flights back from Poland then can't it be arranged for the Sunday ?

Let's be honest there's no guarantee that Scotland will beat Ukraine so end up playing Wales on the Sunday. 

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

I fully understand how the polish fixture system works. The main mistake the club has made is trusting what the poles have told them in good faith. 
probably be the last time they take their word for things. 

You are partly correct about it. But the thing here is that Rawicz weren't in the position to tell them anything. And if you know how the system works, then you also know that. 

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Given Edinburgh's recent choice of guests and acceptance of this fixture is anyone else of opinion they have basically written this season off? Putting all efforts, understandably, into finding a new home.

https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2022-05-31/monarchs-promotion-furious-as-polish-speedway-causes-koc-chaos?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Seeing as the article says they are furious I guess they had not written it off! But kinda been made to? Depends what guests they can have I suppose!