British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Redcar SGB Championship 29th May 2022- 4pm

1 minute ago, phillipsr said:

Literally no idea what you are going on about!!! If you honestly think they ride for our entertainment good for you!! Personally i think it makes you an idiot 

Personally I think that you're on something,so,because it,s their job and they get paid,then there shouldn,t be any spectators at meetings at all,getting entertained?take a look in the mirror pal,re- idiot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Literally no idea what you are going on about!!! If you honestly think they ride for our entertainment good for you!! Personally i think it makes you an idiot 

Hey,re arrange these two words "for your entertainment".  End and bell...!!!!

1 minute ago, Moranboys said:

Personally I think that you're on something,so,because it,s their job and they get paid,then there shouldn,t be any spectators at meetings at all,getting entertained?take a look in the mirror pal,re- idiot.

Its a bi-product of what they they do its not why they do it!!! As long as there paid they dont care if its entertaining or not!!! Again its not hard 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

That's not for me to say. But the argument fed up hearing it's the leagues fault Newcastle built a cheap team that was never going to be competitive 

okay don't answer that question but tell me which riders are available to sign.

2 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Its a bi-product of what they they do its not why they do it!!! As long as there paid they dont care if its entertaining or not!!! Again its not hard 

So when they get out on track trying their utmost in what is a dangerous sport,they don,t care about the paying public?I wonder what the riders would think if you put that statement to them,and,by the way,if you think along those lines then why do you bother watching the sport at all,knowing they arnt one bit interested in the paying public...it,s not hard,as you keep saying.

• Haha 1

Just now, enotian said:

okay don't answer that question but tell me which riders are available to sign.

Ask Rob grant he's the man promised signings :t:. Again it's a different argument, Newcastle were weak at start of season through choice. They chose to sign Congreve and complin, could've off top of my head signed sedgy and kelleher. 

I could list riders who used to ride in UK but don't now only to be shot down by the he rides in Poland police so I'll decline. Sunday is a nightmare day, I know issues we had trying to get signings when was our race day

15 hours ago, highside said:

Time for big changes at Newcastle , is there 7 riders available? Or at least 5 .

I’m terms of Newcastle then no there isn’t one rider never mind 5!

Apparently out lack of a sponsorship visa means we are fishing in a pond that is British riders only. This is obviously a pond that has nobody within it.

it’s so sad to see the club in turmoil whether that is the team scores, the team performances or even the fact that every home meeting is littered with avoidable mistakes that delays the matches for hours.

Edited by Viper

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Ask Rob grant he's the man promised signings :t:. Again it's a different argument, Newcastle were weak at start of season through choice. They chose to sign Congreve and complin, could've off top of my head signed sedgy and kelleher. 

I could list riders who used to ride in UK but don't now only to be shot down by the he rides in Poland police so I'll decline. Sunday is a nightmare day, I know issues we had trying to get signings when was our race day

Exactly, there isn't any. Sedgman didn't want to come across to ride one league but changed his mind and was hardly desirable. Kelleher was not worthy of a return and even if he'd signed instead of Congreve it would have still been way under the limit and terrible and he wouldn't have become an asset.  Which for some reason appears to be important?

Admittedly, the team signed is terrible and to a budget but the fact remains that the points limit set for 11 teams was higher than the total combined averages of the riders available by some considerable margin.  Hence at least three teams starting under the limit by  at least a point. And that's including riders who weren't ever going to do the season. You can't dispute the simple mathematics that the sum of the points limit multiplied by the number of teams was greater than the total average of riders available. And so the wealthier/better run clubs sign the riders they want and the poorer clubs have to make do with what's left.  That's fine if there are enough riders available to make a competitive side but that wasn't the case this pre-season. Hence teams having to dig up riders to be able to come to the tapes with 7 riders they can arguably call their own, even if in some instances they were never doing the full season.

It now appears that Rob Grant is to attain a sponsors licence which should allow him to access new foreign riders which he wasn't able to do before. I don't think he could have obtained this any earlier? Even so any riders signed now were unlikely to sign pre-season as they'd have signed to Polish clubs.  Yes Sunday is a problem but it's the only day available to Newcastle.

I'm not here to defend the promotion as I've voted with my feet after hardly missing a home match since 1986. The last couple of pre-pandemic seasons were the finish for me. Simply not worth the money. Terrible racing and matches that take forever against scratch teams.

The fact remains that if the CL wanted to retain the 42 points limit standard then a simple calculation based on the list of available riders averages should have determined how many teams should have been allowed in the league. But they were never going to turn down Oxford returning or expel Birmingham or Newcastle.  So what was the only other option, if you wanted all teams to be competitive? That's right, reduce the points limit or at least restrict the number of 8pt riders each team could sign. Truth is why would the wealthier teams want to do that? So you end up with teams of vastly different strengths and prey that the rubbish teams can make if through the season and still be about the following season. At some point those prayers won't be answered and the number of tracks will diminish even further than the bare minimum we have now.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

Seriously embarrassing now 28 points at home and 11 from a guest, 1 point from reserve as opposed to 19 for Redcar,why no guest for Starke ?? We are now a laughing stock and have been for the last 2 years, such a shame from a once top club 

I am led to believe that Paul only informed the promotion that he was not fit last night and meant it was virtually impossible to get a guest.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, enotian said:

Exactly, there isn't any. Sedgman didn't want to come across to ride one league but changed his mind and was hardly desirable. Kelleher was not worthy of a return and even if he'd signed instead of Congreve it would have still been way under the limit and terrible and he wouldn't have become an asset.  Which for some reason appears to be important?

Admittedly, the team signed is terrible and to a budget but the fact remains that the points limit set for 11 teams was higher than the total combined averages of the riders available by some considerable margin.  Hence at least three teams starting under the limit by  at least a point. And that's including riders who weren't ever going to do the season. You can't dispute the simple mathematics that the sum of the points limit multiplied by the number of teams was greater than the total average of riders available. And so the wealthier/better run clubs sign the riders they want and the poorer clubs have to make do with what's left.  That's fine if there are enough riders available to make a competitive side but that wasn't the case this pre-season. Hence teams having to dig up riders to be able to come to the tapes with 7 riders they can arguably call their own, even if in some instances they were never doing the full season.

It now appears that Rob Grant is to attain a sponsors licence which should allow him to access new foreign riders which he wasn't able to do before. I don't think he could have obtained this any earlier? Even so any riders signed now were unlikely to sign pre-season as they'd have signed to Polish clubs.  Yes Sunday is a problem but it's the only day available to Newcastle.

I'm not here to defend the promotion as I've voted with my feet after hardly missing a home match since 1986. The last couple of pre-pandemic seasons were the finish for me. Simply not worth the money. Terrible racing and matches that take forever against scratch teams.

The fact remains that if the CL wanted to retain the 42 points limit standard then a simple calculation based on the list of available riders averages should have determined how many teams should have been allowed in the league. But they were never going to turn down Oxford returning or expel Birmingham or Newcastle.  So what was the only other option, if you wanted all teams to be competitive? That's right, reduce the points limit or at least restrict the number of 8pt riders each team could sign. Truth is why would the wealthier teams want to do that? So you end up with teams of vastly different strengths and prey that the rubbish teams can make if through the season and still be about the following season. At some point those prayers won't be answered and the number of tracks will diminish even further than the bare minimum we have now.  

You don't improve a product by reducing the quality to the lowest denominator. That's a recipe for disaster quicker than British speedway is going already. 

I think sedgys form so far in comparison to the 2 names aforementioned would be very desirable. As I understand the rules can apply for visas after 12 months, Grant's been in charge for far longer although I know some dispute with this being a new company I've read elsewhere might be why taken so long.

Even that situation, look at Birmingham. They've used belle Vue to sponsor Pearson and Glasgow to sponsor sedgy. There are way around it if you wish to find them.

I mean what do we do next season if a club decided to build 3/4 points below that points limit? Just keep reducing it? Here an idea, put bonus points back in GSA's. Job done

• Like 1

Could anyone please tell me what the latest is wi BWD is he going to ride again or is he out for the season? The news from the club about him is complete silence, Does he need a work permit to ride in the U.K.?    

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Promising changes might be easier said than done unfortunately 

Totally agree but what wasn’t said is where in team the changes were going to occur! 

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

Totally agree but what wasn’t said is where in team the changes were going to occur! 

According to the promoters rant in the pits for all to hear…….NOW!

8 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

According to the promoters rant in the pits for all to hear…….NOW!

Any extra intel? What was the promoters rant?