racers and royals

SON 2022 27th-30th July Vojens Denmark live on TV

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Lazy s*d- you don`t even have to change pages :D

I do now, it’s a new page :)

Edited by PhilTheAce
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, PhilTheAce said:

Just seen. Got to subscribe to discovery +. 

Good old discovery taking the sport forward 

Well that`s a surprise ;) Some kind chap in a previous post( if you can find it) has suggested just take out a sub for a month at £6.99

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2022 at 10:00 AM, iris123 said:

It still seems a strange story that they are blaming the whole chaos on the illness of one guy !!!

Hans Christian Andersen wrote the press release...:D

On 7/12/2022 at 12:28 PM, noaksey said:

And we think it's just British Speedway that is a mess, a major international event moved 45 miles a couple of weeks before the event. Absolute shambles 

Didn't BSI have to step in and bale out Belle Vue a few years back when they first staged the SON?

• Like 2

On 7/23/2022 at 11:09 AM, PhilTheAce said:

Just seen. Got to subscribe to discovery +. 

Good old discovery taking the sport forward 

It is a shame not being able to view the whole competition without subscribing but you kind of understand why they have to restrict some content to generate subscriptions.

They can't give everything away but you do wonder how attractive the semi finals are? I'll probably just watch the T20 cricket they're up against, since I already pay for that.

The semi's look fairly straightforward for the top two but the race for third might be interesting but I'm not that bothered about the 6th and 7th qualifier as they'll just be make weights in the Final. 

Wonder if it would be better starting with last years finalists (including host nation if applicable) in semi 1 (top three to Final, bottom 4 to semi 2), next 7 nations in event 2 (top 3 to semi 2) and the top 3 from semi 2 into the Final plus the hosts (promote 4th from semi 2 if the hosts have qualified. I might have been tempted to subscribe for semi 1 and event 2 might be competitive (if Zagar could be bothered). As it stands some of the semi final heats are mis-matches.  So I'll stick to the cricket.

6 hours ago, enotian said:

It is a shame not being able to view the whole competition without subscribing but you kind of understand why they have to restrict some content to generate subscriptions.

They can't give everything away but you do wonder how attractive the semi finals are? I'll probably just watch the T20 cricket they're up against, since I already pay for that.

The semi's look fairly straightforward for the top two but the race for third might be interesting but I'm not that bothered about the 6th and 7th qualifier as they'll just be make weights in the Final. 

Wonder if it would be better starting with last years finalists (including host nation if applicable) in semi 1 (top three to Final, bottom 4 to semi 2), next 7 nations in event 2 (top 3 to semi 2) and the top 3 from semi 2 into the Final plus the hosts (promote 4th from semi 2 if the hosts have qualified. I might have been tempted to subscribe for semi 1 and event 2 might be competitive (if Zagar could be bothered). As it stands some of the semi final heats are mis-matches.  So I'll stick to the cricket.

Eurosport isn’t free though ? We who have it are paying a fee as part of a bundle of channels ?

Woffinden and Lambert v Valkovic and Buri will be quite a match up on Thursday

@racers and royals just to clear up a difference of opinion on Facebook, are the number 3's in the official team declarations the reserves?

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

@racers and royals just to clear up a difference of opinion on Facebook, are the number 3's in the official team declarations the reserves?

They certainly can be used at any time and take the same number of rides as the 1 and 2. as for actually reserve can you find my post on page 1 where i link to the SON rulebook and check it out for yourself.

Edit yes they are classified as reserve and can replace either of the other 2 at any time. No replacements for starting offences however. If a rider is injured in a race and is not excluded and the reserve has been used in the race the original rider replaced can be put in to replace the injured rider.( hope that makes sense).

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that....essentially this chap is arguing that GB 'haven't yet decided' who their reserve will be even though Bewley is at #3, I think the rulebook makes it pretty clear.

FIM SPEEDWAY OF NATIONSSON2 STARTING LINE-UPS (IN DRAW ORDER): (Friday 29.07.22)

A – AUSTRALIA: 1 Keynan Rew ©, 2 Fraser Bowes, 3 James Pearson. Team Manager: Mark Lemon

B – LATVIA: 1 Francis Gusts ©, 2 Ricards Ansviesulis, 3 Ernests Matjusonoks. Team Manager: Vladimirs Ribnikovs

C – POLAND: 1 Wiktor Przyjemski, 2 Jakub Miskowiak ©, 3 Mateusz Cierniak. Team Manager: Rafal Dobrucki

D – GREAT BRITAIN: 1 Tom Brennan ©, 2 Drew Kemp, 3 Leon Flint. Team Manager: Neil Vatcher

E – DENMARK: 1 Benjamin Basso ©, 2 Kevin Juhl Pedersen, 3 Jonas Knudsen. Team Manager: Hans Nielsen

F – CZECH REPUBLIC: 1 Jan Kvech ©, 2 Petr Chlupac, 3 Daniel Klima. Team Manager: Zdenek Schneiderwind.

G – SWEDEN: 1 Gustav Grahn ©, 2 Casper Henriksson, 3 Philip Hellstrom-Bangs. Team Manager: Morgan Andersson

Edited by stewmac
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, stewmac said:

FIM SPEEDWAY OF NATIONSSON2 STARTING LINE-UPS (IN DRAW ORDER): (Friday 29.07.22)

A – AUSTRALIA: 1 Keynan Rew ©, 2 Fraser Bowes, 3 James Pearson. Team Manager: Mark Lemon

B – LATVIA: 1 Francis Gusts ©, 2 Ricards Ansviesulis, 3 Ernests Matjusonoks. Team Manager: Vladimirs Ribnikovs

C – POLAND: 1 Wiktor Przyjemski, 2 Jakub Miskowiak ©, 3 Mateusz Cierniak. Team Manager: Rafal Dobrucki

D – GREAT BRITAIN: 1 Tom Brennan ©, 2 Drew Kemp, 3 Leon Flint. Team Manager: Neil Vatcher

E – DENMARK: 1 Benjamin Basso ©, 2 Kevin Juhl Pedersen, 3 Jonas Knudsen. Team Manager: Hans Nielsen

F – CZECH REPUBLIC: 1 Jan Kvech ©, 2 Petr Chlupac, 3 Daniel Klima. Team Manager: Zdenek Schneiderwind.

G – SWEDEN: 1 Gustav Grahn ©, 2 Casper Henriksson, 3 Philip Hellstrom-Bangs. Team Manager: Morgan Andersson

Didnt even know this was a thing!

• Like 1