Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2022 27th-30th July Vojens Denmark live on TV

Scores at the end of heat 21- top 2 to Saturday`s final and heat 22 will be between 3rd and 4th teams- winner to final.

Australia 35

Finland  34

Poland 31

Germany  30 

USA 25 

Ukraine 18

Latvia  16 

Repeat of heat 1 and Poland will be out :D

Edit: No they wont. :oops:

Edited by Cerro
  • Like 1

Come on Germany!!!!

Never thought I'd hear myself say that.

• Haha 1

When was the last time Finland finished on the rostrum in speedway 

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

go back a few days and today, tomorrow and friday`s are there.

I had gone back a few pages, obviously not far enough. Sorted now, thanks

I enjoyed that. The format is good, 2x 7 teams gives underdogs a chance as we saw tonight.                 

Impressed with Luke Becker and Marko Levishyn, and Timo Salonen too.

No adverts on Discovery +, which means they not relying on adverts to pay for coverage, they after subscriptions. The choice is adverts or not, some grumble about adverts, but we cant have it free of adverts and not pay some other way.

1 minute ago, OveFundinFan said:

I had gone back a few pages, obviously not far enough. Sorted now, thanks

I enjoyed that. The format is good, 2x 7 teams gives underdogs a chance as we saw tonight.                 

Impressed with Luke Becker and Marko Levishyn, and Timo Salonen too.

No adverts on Discovery +, which means they not relying on adverts to pay for coverage, they after subscriptions. The choice is adverts or not, some grumble about adverts, but we cant have it free of adverts and not pay some other way.

Timo Salonen was rally world champion, but close enough :lol:

4 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

When was the last time Finland finished on the rostrum in speedway 

We've been on the rostrum many times, in qualifiers like this one.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 5:44 AM, racers and royals said:

Eurosport isn’t free though ? We who have it are paying a fee as part of a bundle of channels ?

I didn't say it was.

3 minutes ago, enotian said:

I didn't say it was.

It depends how you read this that you wrote

It is a shame not being able to view the whole competition without subscribing but you kind of understand why they have to restrict some content to generate subscriptions."

In other words we are all paying to watch Eurosport so why isn`t it on there ?? because they want 2 helpings of cake- and you seem to be agreeing with them ;)

@racers and royals  cheers for the VK link, glad I didn't go through the mither of subscribing now, the comms were English too, not a bad meeting at all considering most of us feared the worst and expected different.  Thanks again

3 minutes ago, nw42 said:

@racers and royals  cheers for the VK link, glad I didn't go through the mither of subscribing now, the comms were English too, not a bad meeting at all considering most of us feared the worst and expected different.  Thanks again

hopefully same again tomorrow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

It depends how you read this that you wrote

It is a shame not being able to view the whole competition without subscribing but you kind of understand why they have to restrict some content to generate subscriptions."

In other words we are all paying to watch Eurosport so why isn`t it on there ?? because they want 2 helpings of cake- and you seem to be agreeing with them ;)

That's a very strange interpretation of that sentence to get to Eurosport is free? Maybe I should have pointed out that I was referring to Discovery Sport but I think that was clear in the context of the post.

Whether I agree or not is irrelevant, I just understand the business model. They want to attract more customers to their service via exclusive content.  They won't achieve that by making their content available via other platforms that their potential subscribers  already have access to.

If you don't want to give them two slices of the cake then just don't subscribe.  Nobody is forcing anyone to, you are free to do as you wish in that respect. As it happens it looks like I missed out based on the result but that was my choice to watch the cricket, which I'm also enjoying.

I watched it on New Zealand Sky sports 5 and also was onAustralia Fox sports 506.Plenty ways to watch it with a VPN.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Yes has the power but never happens, I never seen it in my 40+ years watching speedway.

I've seen it once, at Lynn in 2009, Ryan Fisher. Took Ostergaard very wide but it was a very harsh exclusion, one might say his reputation went before him :D