British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2022 27th-30th July Vojens Denmark live on TV

Showed that gate 2 always had a chance over gate 3. Racing way better than previous 2 nights.

Can i just say a big thank you to Racers n Royals for providing the links to this weeks racing...... much appreciated from me sir. Nice one ;)

• Like 5

Good final race and both pairs deserved to be in the line up for the last race. Not a bad evenings entertainment and hopefully team GB can take away some useful tips.

40 minutes ago, chunky said:

Yeah, we're crap. I don't know why we even try. Just tell all British riders to quit, and we'll all be happy...

No just recognise where they stand and stop having the powers that be build up mediocre riders and start from scratch. GB riders can rise to the top but at this moment they not on the pace and those in charge are doing these lads no favours. The riders are OK but they have a long way to go to be good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can’t believe they never gave Flint a race  ,he can gate.Kemp didn’t look great IMO.

• Like 8

Not giving Leon a go is awful management. Hardly like Kemp was firing from all cylinders all night.

• Like 2

Sometimes luck is on your side and it was on Poland’s side tonight but overall they deserved it, the czech’s and GB can be proud of their nights work 

• Like 3

If tomorrows Final delivers anything close to tonight for entertainment I'll be happy enough. I don't like seeing riders get hurt and it does detract from the overall spectacle but, for me, that was a cracking evening of speedway, thrills & spills as they used to put on the flyers outside Hyde Rd, all part and parcel of the sport.  Roll on tomorrow!!!

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Can’t believe they never gave Flint a race  ,he can gate.Kemp didn’t look great IMO.

Flint rides at HL Number 5 with a .5 higher average than Kemp who rides at 2, can’t understand why he didn’t get a chance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

No just recognise where they stand and stop having the powers that be build up mediocre riders and start from scratch. GB riders can rise to the top but at this moment they not on the pace and those in charge are doing these lads no favours. The riders are OK but they have a long way to go to be good.

So you don't think  there are any British riders that are "on the pace"?

For me it was all a bit surreal

A really good meeting, which surprised me. But my opinion is a world championship being telvised in front of such a poor crowd, quite possibly does more damage than good. Absolutey no atmosphere, and how can there be, and despite the professional surroundings, it is just like it doesn't matter to anyone, apart from the few dozen people closely involved

the 3 meetings together probably haven't attracted a decent non league football crowd

Edited by iris123
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, mrlincolncity said:

Can i just say a big thank you to Racers n Royals for providing the links to this weeks racing...... much appreciated from me sir. Nice one ;)

You mean you are going to desert me and watch on Eurosport 2 tomorrow :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, iris123 said:

A really good meeting, which surprised me. But my opinion is a world championship being telvised in front of such a poor crowd, quite possibley does more damage than good. Absolutey no atmosphere, and how can there be, and despite the professional surroundings, it is just like it doesn't matter to anyone, apart from the few dozen people closely involved

That is one of the biggest problems with British speedway; it's tough to get any sort of atmosphere when you don't have a crowd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

A really good meeting, which surprised me. But my opinion is a world championship being telvised in front of such a poor crowd, quite possibley does more damage than good. Absolutey no atmosphere, and how can there be, and despite the professional surroundings, it is just like it doesn't matter to anyone, apart from the few dozen people closely involved

Sounds like you're describing speedway in Britain.

• Like 1