British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2022 27th-30th July Vojens Denmark live on TV

Just now, nw42 said:

Sounds like you're describing speedway in Britain.

See my comment above!

Brennan 20 points, only Gusts did better, impressive! Vatch too loyal to Drew to be honest, Flint having a better season

• Like 1

having cliché commentator's also helps the atmosphere :rofl: 

1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

Back to basics, team GB are not as good as they believe themselves to be and the powers that be need to stop pretending that GB are a force to be reckoned with. Let the youngsters mature over time, they need to grow into a force to be reckoned with, but at the moment they sit behind many of those on show tonight but can learn. 

Brennan second top scorer and if Kemp hadnt come off against the Aussies we could have had gate choice for the semi. Thought they looked very competitive

2 minutes ago, jimmy jimmy said:

Brennan 20 points, only Gusts did better, impressive! Vatch too loyal to Drew to be honest, Flint having a better season

But apparently, there are those who don't think he's "on the pace"...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chunky said:

But apparently, there are those who don't think he's "on the pace"...

I think they are being very harsh on him, he is one of the best U21 out there, its a disgrace he wasnt given a wild card for the U21 GP series

• Like 1

Drew, like Jordan Palin, can flatter to deceive a bit, isnt at SoN standard at the moment, Flint has potential and needs to be trusted by the management. When he is back, Dan Gilkes also will be an impressive U21/U23 rider.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmy jimmy said:

I think they are being very harsh on him, he is one of the best U21 out there, its a disgrace he wasnt given a wild card for the U21 GP series

Not based on tonight's showing, he wasn't really in it tonight, Flint deserved a crack.  I think Kemp is a decent rider and could have a big future in the sport but tonight  he just wasn't posing a threat, time is on his side.

15 minutes ago, chunky said:

So you don't think  there are any British riders that are "on the pace"?

No they are not consistent enough to be described as on the pace. They and Neil etc think they are but in reality they are NDL level in terms of the international platform. Look at how other nations have progressed and yet GB have gone backwards. Maybe in five to ten years from now they could be competitive but that might be wishful thinking. Until the idiots in charge in the U.K. recognise what a cock up they have made in terms of managing the sport and fully getting behind the riders, team GB will struggle.

2 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Not based on tonight's showing, he wasn't really in it tonight, Flint deserved a crack.  I think Kemp is a decent rider and could have a big future in the sport but tonight  he just wasn't posing a threat, time is on his side.

I was talking about Tom Brennan, he scored 20, thats pretty good

1 minute ago, jimmy jimmy said:

I was talking about Tom Brennan, he scored 20, thats pretty good

My mistake, apologies.  Brennan has come on leaps and bounds, couldn't agree more he was quality tonight, a real pleasure to watch, interviews well, hope his rise continues to the top.

46 minutes ago, jimmy jimmy said:

Think Gusts will be a top man if he has the bit of luck you need in speedway.He is stylish and fast and smooth on the bike.Latvia we’re a bit unlucky near the end .

50 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

No just recognise where they stand and stop having the powers that be build up mediocre riders and start from scratch. GB riders can rise to the top but at this moment they not on the pace and those in charge are doing these lads no favours. The riders are OK but they have a long way to go to be good.

I assume you’re on the wind up? The Poles are head and shoulders ahead of every other nation. Czechia included a rider who’d scored 15 for his country in the full version of the SON semi last night so (a) could mix it with the big boys and (b) had very recent experience riding the track. GB came next ahead of some major speedway countries, Sweden, Australia, Denmark and Latvia. It’s not many years since the position would be “and the plucky Brits bring up the year”. And for those that think Flint should have had a ride, think on this - the management decisions brought GB bronze which was probably the best possible out-turn. Would we have done better if Leon had had a ride?
Meanwhile, the Aussies decision to go straight to Europe, bypassing UK isn’t really working out, is it? Rew and Bowes were so out of their depth. Battling hard, perhaps, but lacking basic skills. Come to Britain boys and learn how to ride a bike on all sorts of different tracks before trying to make a living on the fast ovals in Poland. 

Final point for now - is it correct that the team coming last gets replaced next year? That would be a big blow for Sweden

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

No they are not consistent enough to be described as on the pace.

So, Brennan isn't "on the pace"? Yeah, he was crap tonight! As I said, if it hadn't been for the crash, we would have had a great chance of winning the title. As it was, third place isn't exactly a disaster - although you may think it is...

6 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I assume you’re on the wind up? The Poles are head and shoulders ahead of every other nation. Czechia included a rider who’d scored 15 for his country in the full version of the SON semi last night so (a) could mix it with the big boys and (b) had very recent experience riding the track. GB came next ahead of some major speedway countries, Sweden, Australia, Denmark and Latvia. It’s not many years since the position would be “and the plucky Brits bring up the year”. And for those that think Flint should have had a ride, think on this - the management decisions brought GB bronze which was probably the best possible out-turn. Would we have done better if Leon had had a ride?
Meanwhile, the Aussies decision to go straight to Europe, bypassing UK isn’t really working out, is it? Rew and Bowes were so out of their depth. Battling hard, perhaps, but lacking basic skills. Come to Britain boys and learn how to ride a bike on all sorts of different tracks before trying to make a living on the fast ovals in Poland. 

Final point for now - is it correct that the team coming last gets replaced next year? That would be a big blow for Sweden

The scoring system and Semi and Final heats make it a lottery as tonight showed.Flint wouldn’t have done any worse than Kemp IMO.Points wise Poland showed how good they were but the Pole was struggling to past the Czech till his bike failed.

The SON was set up this way to try and stop the Poles winning everything in Team Events.

• Like 1