British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2022 27th-30th July Vojens Denmark live on TV

7 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Practice is off. Rain.

They don't really need it anyway (apart from Danes and it's their home track)

1 hour ago, salty said:

Enjoyed last night's meeting. This despite a poor surface to race on. Good to see the Czechs and Latvia doing so well. 

Feel for the track men, 4 meetings in 4 days would be bad enough but also a practise each day so equivalent of 8 meetings in 4 days, impossible to prepare decent track.

27 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Even if the other 2 had been there Woffinden wouldn’t have been because he has said often that he doesn’t watch Speedway- It’s just a job to him.

33 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Perhaps a night off to relax for Woffinden, Lambert and Bewley was considered the best preparation for tonight, or perhaps the U21 set up didn't want them in the pits? Rather than it automatically being assumed that they couldn't be bothered. 

I think it would have been wise of the management to have issued a statement prior to the event of why they weren't there, team building activities etc. As they were very conspicuous by their absence. I've never really heard Woffy say it's just a job to him... I have heard him speak numerous times about how Speedway GB should be run and how he wants it to be a success.

It doesn't really bother me whether they were there or not but I do think it's a case of poor management in this media age where everything is always in full view, the fact that they weren't there when most other senior riders were (Pol, Den, Aus) people were always going to ask questions.

JK`s excellent racecard for tonight https://www.speedwayservice.at/images/racecards/2022/SoN2022-Final.pdf     If Kelvin used it it would be clear that after  heats 7 and 14 are when the teams have had equal rides- blocks at 4,8,12,16 are irrelevant in this comp apart from grading brakes.

Live on Eurosport 2 from 5.30pm, anyone without it can watch on

http://kergel.ucoz.lv/

http://yg.freestreams-live1.com/euros2-hdlive/

https://daddylive.one/stream/stream-42.php

VK to follow

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

Again at the risk of upsetting "The Grump" (:D)... Is Fraser Bowes any relation to Shane?

52 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Even if the other 2 had been there Woffinden wouldn’t have been because he has said often that he doesn’t watch Speedway- It’s just a job to him.

And that’s why he has a lot of haters, well that and he is successful of course 

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Again at the risk of upsetting "The Grump" (:D)... Is Fraser Bowes any relation to Shane?

He is his son and Shane is over in Europe presently and was in the pits last evening with him.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

He is his son and Shane is over in Europe presently and was in the pits last evening with him.

Good solid rider was Shane, never realised his full potential for me. Interesting that they've given Britain a swerve.

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Good solid rider was Shane, never realised his full potential for me. Interesting that they've given Britain a swerve.

Got to know him when he rode for Reading in 1994- Shane is a top bloke :)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

blocks at 4,8,12,16 are irrelevant in this comp apart from grading brakes.

I didn't think we used brakes in speedway? :rofl:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

No tai Woffinden tonight. 

Injured his back last night 

Oh dear who replaces him? 

• Sad 1

Out on the push bike with the Poles it seemed on SM

Does seem a ridiculous rule that if he is actually injured that Brennan/u21 from last night can't complete the side, god forbid one of the other lads gets a knock in the meeting its game over and another fantastic advert for the sport with 3 man races

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Oh dear who replaces him? 

Nobody, just Lambert Bewley 

9 minutes ago, DJC said:

Out on the push bike with the Poles it seemed on SM

Does seem a ridiculous rule that if he is actually injured that Brennan/u21 from last night can't complete the side, god forbid one of the other lads gets a knock in the meeting its game over and another fantastic advert for the sport with 3 man races

He could but Brennan already on his way back here.