British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2022 27th-30th July Vojens Denmark live on TV

1 minute ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Great result for British speedway, the two winners both ride here :D

Is it, does it have a bearing on british speedway being as GB didnt retain the title?

It cant be good if we didnt retain it surely?

For me, its a poor display for speedway in general, you are a seasoned loyal speedway fan, youl go week in week out, some like me dont bother anymore, but il tell you now, if anyone watching that who dosnt go to watch live speedway, will not consider that entertaining enough to spend a good £50

going to see it live, cos that was truly awful speedway of the highest degree. And the crowd is a reflection of that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chunky said:

WTF? You'd already said 'goodnight"!

I changed my rules…. Its a speedway forum after all, thats acceptable here isnt it ;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Congratulations to Australia. Shame about the track support. If any new people tuned in and saw the p poor crowd you would wonder why it is given airtime. A decent nights speedway but no one can be proud of the on track support. Sums up speedway.

Decent? Stop it

it was sh1te 

• Like 1

Been shockingly bad crowds and a shockingly bad track devoid of passing,...  no comparison to Belle Vue last year.

But proud of Dan Bewley and Robert Lambert.   Terrific effort without arguably the GB No.1.     

World Champions last year, runners up this year.   And bronze medal in the U-21.     Not too shabby at all.

(And of course the new world champions would be British if their grandfathers hadn't been criminals).

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

The UK, The Swedes and the Poles should run it over a 3 year cycle..  ..

Decent crowds in those countries for World Team events..

• Like 1

P poor support on the terraces. Sad really that speedway and and event like this has fallen to such depths and you have to wonder how you drag it up from the nadir that it seems to have reached. What do those in charge need to do to reinvent this spectacle.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrlincolncity said:

Is it, does it have a bearing on british speedway being as GB didnt retain the title?

It cant be good if we didnt retain it surely?

For me, its a poor display for speedway in general, you are a seasoned loyal speedway fan, youl go week in week out, some like me dont bother anymore, but il tell you now, if anyone watching that who dosnt go to watch live speedway, will not consider that entertaining enough to spend a good £50

going to see it live, cos that was truly awful speedway of the highest degree. And the crowd is a reflection of that. 

Makes me sad to be a brit because so many on here do nothing but moan about everything :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Congratulations to Australia. But that's a fine night for GB without their No 1 rider. Great effort from Lambert and Bewley.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TTT said:

Proud of the GB boys. Another great showing despite the defeat in the final.

The Poles will be thrilled to hear that the World Cup will be making a return next year on a throttle jockey Polish track in an attempt to salvage their reputation after consistent failure in the SON.

Lambert, Bewley and Woffinden all very good round Wroclaw… big question is can we get one more  

Congrats to the Aussies,also a big well done to GB for topping the charts and ending with a silver medal.Personally i would have chose gates 2 and 4.Bewley flew from gate 4 only a race before the semi final and if the management had watched the semi final the Aussies made some good gates from 2 and 4.But we move on and our young pretenders are starting to look like the real deal.

• Like 4

Thanks again to Mr racers and royals for providing the links, saved me a right faff trying to find a channel on my iptv, so thanks very much for those links.

And cheers to the rest of you who chatted with me, i dont come on here much nowadays, i used to love speedway, for the record im an old kings lynn supporter and an even older boston barracudas supporter

All the best to you all…. 

• Like 3

Just now, phillipsr said:

Lambert, Bewley and Woffinden all very good round Wroclaw… big question is can we get one more  

Yes, was just wondering the same! 

7 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

(And of course the new world champions would be British if their grandfathers hadn't been criminals).

Holder and Fricke are both German names, are they not?

Germany maybe gets first shout on the alternate World Champions :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Makes me sad to be a brit because so many on here do nothing but moan about everything :(

I dont moan happily mate honestly, my old man loved this sport, and he took me along and i loved it the same, but its just nothing like it used to be nowadays, its prepared to be smooth and easy to race on surfaces because if it isnt, the riders if today wont ride on it, sad but seemingly true. I dunno, maybe im wrong and maybe its brilliant watching 4 riders follow each other for 4 laps in the shiny colourful “leathers” 

id rather watch 4 riders pass and repass over and over again again.

mark loram would never get more than 5 points per meeting if he raced today…. Nevermind peter collins! 

Some big lessons learnt when it comes to gate choices at the crunch over the weekend but to be the only nation to come with a medal in both events is not to be overlooked! 
after the first 2 heats in semi 1 a silver seemed impossible! 

A few great performances across the board and great seeing the Poles taken down a peg or two! 
Can Tai get Brennan in at Wrocław next season for some practice?

• Like 1