British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2022 27th-30th July Vojens Denmark live on TV

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

That`s rubbish and you know it- they knew Tai was a doubt long before Saturday morning. Tai`s bike and pit crew were on hand so it just needed a rider !! Vojens is certainly not in the back of beyond - Billund is near and Hamburg isn`t a million miles away. I used the final as an example- it could have happened in any of the 6 races and GB would have been well and truly stuffed !!

Team GB had part of Friday and most of Saturday to get a rider there, as you say mechanics and bikes were already there to use. Major over sight by Team GB and it back room staff. In fact you could argue it wouldn't be the worsted idea to have an extra rider there anyway. 

• Like 1

It was watchable only because it was close throughout, the racing was pretty much gate and go which is consistent for Vojens because it’s a shyte track for proper racing, clearly the rain didn’t help but it did improve later on.

I thought Lambert and Bewley did very well all things considered especially after losing Woffinden but like others I seriously question why we went into a final with just two riders, that’s down to the management. I suppose cost comes into it but why did we fly Vatcher in for the SON 2 when we had 2 managers already there.

If their were doubts about Woffy then surely Brennan should have stayed or Ellis should have flown in.

Interesting that Tatum mentioned it was a good crowd, let’s be honest it was bloody woeful.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

That`s rubbish and you know it- they knew Tai was a doubt long before Saturday morning. Tai`s bike and pit crew were on hand so it just needed a rider !! Vojens is certainly not in the back of beyond - Billund is near and Hamburg isn`t a million miles away. I used the final as an example- it could have happened in any of the 6 races and GB would have been well and truly stuffed !!

I stand by what I said - you’re comments were after the event hypothetical. Tai was not withdrawn until yesterday when it was clear his injuries were too severe for him to ride. There was perhaps a two hour window between the decision being made and the mid-day sign on at the track. Who would you suggest GB could get to Vojens in that time? The only possibilities were Brennan, Flint and Kemp but all had already left Denmark, as had all their kit. 
Tai’s injury was unfortunate but GB made the best of a bad job. Few had us as potential medal winners, even with Tai but we ended up second. 
There should be pride in the success and appreciation of the turnaround in fortune for GB since Vicky Blackwell and Rob Painter took over the management of the team. 
British speedway at international level is exceeding expectations, considering how poorly the domestic sport is run. Could have, should have, might have beens have no relevance. All that matters is what happened and where that will take us. IMO!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, phillipsr said:

None of them are.. Bewley, Lambert and Woffinden are the clear top 3 right now what happens Monday will make no difference to that 

By miles the top 3 not 1 other Brit is near there level 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I suppose cost comes into it but why did we fly Vatcher in for the SON 2 when we had 2 managers already there.

How much is a Ryanair flight to Billund?

38 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Who would you suggest GB could get to Vojens in that time?

Scott Nicholls?

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Scott Nicholls?

He was there, of course. But I doubt he’d fit into Tai’s race suit!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

He was there, of course. But I doubt he’d fit into Tai’s race suit!

I'm pretty sure Team GB have a seamstress on the payroll... besides he would have fitted right in with the rest of the crew with their ill fitting uniforms :rofl:

15 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Will find out who is 4th best really. 

yes like we will in the gp series

In slightly related news, I'm not technically minded at all... but did anybody else notice the "gizmo" attached to Max Fricke's machine? You could see it in the gap in the engine cover, a box with some red lights on it with what looked like a data cable plugged into the top. Not everybody had one... what was it? And do any other riders have one?

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I stand by what I said - you’re comments were after the event hypothetical. Tai was not withdrawn until yesterday when it was clear his injuries were too severe for him to ride. There was perhaps a two hour window between the decision being made and the mid-day sign on at the track. Who would you suggest GB could get to Vojens in that time? The only possibilities were Brennan, Flint and Kemp but all had already left Denmark, as had all their kit. 
Tai’s injury was unfortunate but GB made the best of a bad job. Few had us as potential medal winners, even with Tai but we ended up second. 
There should be pride in the success and appreciation of the turnaround in fortune for GB since Vicky Blackwell and Rob Painter took over the management of the team. 
British speedway at international level is exceeding expectations, considering how poorly the domestic sport is run. Could have, should have, might have beens have no relevance. All that matters is what happened and where that will take us. IMO!

The crash happened Friday morning. He was a doubt then. That’s approx 30+ hours to get someone over just incase tai couldn’t ride. 

I mean. There was 3 U21 riders over there on Friday. Keep one of them over. 

it’s not rocket science.  

painter as been a revelation for team Gb. The medals show this. But they do need to iron out little problems like having any back ups on standby 

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Scott Nicholls?

For your info..for 7 days before and 5 days after there was NO AVAILABILITY ON any Flight to DENMARK yet alone Billund. Logistically given the time frame impossible to get a body to the event..but as for somebody stopping over from Friday..then that is a another question.

Will Tai have to sit out the next seven days as it's a non Speedway related injury?

why bother with the British final when people on here already know whos no.1.:rofl: lets just put to a vote now and not bother monday.:D

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I certainly stand by what i said and most seem to think i`m talking sense. This was no challenge match !!! this was the major  team event  in 2022 This saying springs to mind fail to prepare- prepare to fail.

in coming 2nd yes they got away with it. But  in my view it was un-professional. As regards the early signing on, i agree it was early but that was for practice which was cancelled therefore did they ask the jury for dispensation to get someone there for a later signing on time for the meeting itself ?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, spiegal said:

For your info..for 7 days before and 5 days after there was NO AVAILABILITY ON any Flight to DENMARK yet alone Billund. Logistically given the time frame impossible to get a body to the event..but as for somebody stopping over from Friday..then that is a another question.

You are not telling me there wasn`t a flight to Hamburg or Copenhagen ??