British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2022 27th-30th July Vojens Denmark live on TV

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

There should be equivalent tickets available, I'm not saying there are, but if that's not the case they need naming and shaming and the authorities need notifying

If they can sell 1 ticket for £22 they can sell all for £22 , I paid £80 to sit a block away from my disabled son as I was told there were no more seats available to the wheelchair access only to find there were plenty and the stadium staff were more than happy to let me have one, that my friend is being ripped off 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Try buying a disabled ticket and the 2 adult tickets to accompany them 

Should get at least one of them 2 in at a lower price, as an attendant for the disabled one.

7 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Should get at least one of them 2 in at a lower price, as an attendant for the disabled one.

Yes we did but they stung us for the other as I explained above 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

I would imagine it costs a lot to send the world elite troop around the world (the speedway world that is). Does anyone know how much it cost to put on a GP, particularly when you got to make a track up and take it down again.???

They could go to BV, fantastic racing but only 9000 to watch and that would with extra structures to seat the fans. So most fans would be viewing from home…….. and want to watch a link for free.

3 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I would imagine it costs a lot to send the world elite troop around the world (the speedway world that is). Does anyone know how much it cost to put on a GP, particularly when you got to make a track up and take it down again.???

They could go to BV, fantastic racing but only 9000 to watch and that would with extra structures to seat the fans. So most fans would be viewing from home…….. and want to watch a link for free.

Do you know what the attendances/capacities are for the other GP venues?

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Do you know what the attendances/capacities are for the other GP venues?

Nope, other then Cardiff seems to max at 45k for speedway.

6 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I suppose it does but how can (example) block A be £45 and block B be £60 when they are pretty much the same seat with same view 

4 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I suppose it does but how can (example) block A be £45 and block B be £60 when they are pretty much the same seat with same view 

Certain parts of a track are more popular then others. When demand exceeds supply the prices can go up. Some fans like the starting gate viewing, up to the first corner. Some like sitting close to the track, or near the visible pit area. 

At BV in the 60-'s-70's I was always on the entry to bend 3, opposite to the tractor entry to the centre field. Only deviated a few times. One was when Peter Collins smashed his left leg by hitting a loose drain grid lid, that was 1977, a week before the world final in Sweden. Cost him the title that year, he finished 2nd.

Wife and I went to Cardiff for the GP in 2013-14-15 and each time on the entry to the 3rd bend.  We were high up because thats where "seniors" on reduced pricing where allocated. I enjoyed it because we were looking down on the track and could see everything.

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Try buying a disabled ticket and the 2 adult tickets to accompany them 

51 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

If they can sell 1 ticket for £22 they can sell all for £22 , I paid £80 to sit a block away from my disabled son as I was told there were no more seats available to the wheelchair access only to find there were plenty and the stadium staff were more than happy to let me have one, that my friend is being ripped off 

34 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I fail to see how that is fair or equal.

A group of three able bodied fans can book together. If one is disabled it’s only two. We had the same problem one year when my daughter was confined to a wheelchair. We did the same as you and then were moved over by stadium staff once inside. 

Of speedway prices are too high, at any level,  consider what long time followers of ladies football are going to face in the future. Already stated on noon news that most of those Lioness will be demanding salaries of £60k through to £100k and that’s is is still way below men footballers salary, so the future for ladies football fans is going to be expensive.

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Nope, other then Cardiff seems to max at 45k for speedway.

Warsaw has over 50,000 and they fill it.

I'm expecting just over half that for Cardiff

Just now, stevehone said:

Warsaw has over 50,000 and they fill it.

I'm expecting just over half that for Cardiff

Will be interesting to see, I feel there is a lack of buzz this year and in the GP in general and there is a looming financial collapse on the plus side we are in a better position on the world stage than we have been for a long time with a quarter of the field being British  

i'm not sure it's the ticket prices that have put people off Cardiff this year, i believe it's the extortionate accomodation prices

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, stevehone said:

i'm not sure it's the ticket prices that have put people off Cardiff this year, i believe it's the extortionate accomodation prices

We have got good deals in the valleys about 15 miles north  of cardiff, around £50 a room per night, we have also stopped at a youth hostel which was £10 a night and the last time we took the camper and stayed on a site 5 miles from cardiff for £25 per night 

Never been to Cardiff because of the pricing, but mainly the hotel costs.  Found we could have the weekend in Poland including flights and good hotels for less!!!!!