British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2022 27th-30th July Vojens Denmark live on TV

2 minutes ago, Shockster said:

Never been to Cardiff because of the pricing, but mainly the hotel costs.  Found we could have the weekend in Poland including flights and good hotels for less!!!!!

When you buy a ticket, you are sent a link which enables you to book a hotel for about half the price that they are on the normal hotel booking sites.

45 minutes ago, stevehone said:

i'm not sure it's the ticket prices that have put people off Cardiff this year, i believe it's the extortionate accomodation prices

I don't think it's the prices putting people off it's the way you get your tickets now through an APP which is ok for the younger generation but not for the likes of me.

21 minutes ago, Grachan said:

When you buy a ticket, you are sent a link which enables you to book a hotel for about half the price that they are on the normal hotel booking sites.

Well I never knew that.  Obviously taking the mick out of me.:o Won't be going this year but going up to Glasgow for the SGP Challenge the weekend after.  Got a central hotel with 2 mates for £50 each per night. Seated tickets £25 IIRC at the track.

Edited by Shockster

57 minutes ago, Shockster said:

Never been to Cardiff because of the pricing, but mainly the hotel costs.  Found we could have the weekend in Poland including flights and good hotels for less!!!!!

It's a great weekend and a lovely city.  The atmosphere during the day, if the weather holds, is goods, as is the afternoon event before the meeting gets underway (fanzone?). We've stayed outside and got the train into Cardiff - now it's an earlier finish this is feasible from a fair distance away.

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Still laughing at Poland finishing 6th :rofl:

Maybe they thought they might still get through as a Lucky Loser?

1 hour ago, Shockster said:

Well I never knew that.  Obviously taking the mick out of me.:o Won't be going this year but going up to Glasgow for the SGP Challenge the weekend after.  Got a central hotel with 2 mates for £50 each per night. Seated tickets £25 IIRC at the track.

I didn't know either until I booked the ticket. So I cancelled the hotel I had already booked and then booked the same one cheaper.

Paying £££ for  3 nights in a Cardiff hotel in the city centre but it’s my choice , then two nights in Glasgow for the GP challenge the weekend after.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grachan said:

I didn't know either until I booked the ticket. So I cancelled the hotel I had already booked and then booked the same one cheaper.

It's crazy, I know, but the internet can usually throw up deals you never knew about previously...

On 7/30/2022 at 11:43 PM, ytsejam said:

Another tedious night of racing (which I guess when four riders basically just follow each other all night , you CAN just call racing!!) only saved from complete boredom by the closeness of most of the teams.

If speedway is to have a good  long term future then those in charge have got to tear up the current way of thinking and stop sharing GP’s, World Cips etc around various tracks and Countries just to please everyone! They need to have them at the BEST tracks  that produce actual EXCITING and passing speedway! If that means the same few tracks/Countries get them all the time, then TOUGH!  Unless you are a die hard ‘happy clappy’ speedway fan people will get fed up with the rubbish we have seen (passing wise) in virtually every GP this season and big meetings like tonight.

They should start by having the British GP at a proper, exciting track (Belle Vue, which after all is supposed to the “National speedway stadium”! Instead of at that tinpot temporary track Millenium Stadium Borefest!

Watching the Britsh Final? 

• Like 1

How much roughly was admission for the Vojens SON both semi and final ? In £ 

On 8/1/2022 at 2:27 PM, SPEEDY69 said:

It's a great weekend and a lovely city.  The atmosphere during the day, if the weather holds, is goods, as is the afternoon event before the meeting gets underway (fanzone?). We've stayed outside and got the train into Cardiff - now it's an earlier finish this is feasible from a fair distance away.

Not this year its not, they are on strike

56 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

How much roughly was admission for the Vojens SON both semi and final ? In £ 

130kr for each of first three days, 330kr for final.

That's £14.44 and £36.67

7 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Not this year its not, they are on strike

Shame for the travellers but the train company should pay them properly, they don't forego a day's pay unless they have nowhere else to go. 

• Like 1