British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Lynn June 2nd

43 minutes ago, tocha said:

Rowe rode for Leicester on Wednesday scoring 9.

And on Thursday Leicester released a statement saying he was no longer riding for them having asked to stand down

3 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

And on Thursday Leicester released a statement saying he was no longer riding for them having asked to stand down

I would expect a similar statement from the Witches...... eventually, when it suits

All can be ignored whilst Danyon performs well as he has done but a run of low scores would need an explanation as to why Anders isn't back in

I’d have been happy with a point before the start but left feeling a bit frustrated it wasn’t more in the end.

Two really poor starts from Niels in 10 & 12 cost him. The outside line didn’t work all meeting so what on earth Jorgensen was thinking in heat 14, god only knows. Just left the inside open lap after lap and eventually Riss took the invite.

Doyle was head and shoulders above everyone and never really looked like being beaten. Even when behind, only a matter of time before hitting the front. Riss looking more and more like the rider we know he can be.  Worst I’ve seen King by a mile.

For the Stars, impressed again with Lewi and surprised he didn’t get the nod in heat 15, though Lawson did spring into life a bit after being quiet early on. How Jorgensen didn’t stack it after picking up in heat 10 I’ll never know. The team is looking solid though and other than Wolves away, been competitive everywhere. 

Mom - R/R for Starke. Match winning 8+1, what a stroke of luck for Ipswich he didn’t make it :D

Edited by Speedball
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Feel for King, it isn’t just tonight he hasn’t been on it all season. Need to support him though because he’s a damn good rider at this level.

On another note, what a class act Doyle is. Dragged us out of a hole more than once. Is there another rider around that’s not just as good as him, but gives his all every time in our country? Worth his weight in gold this fella. 

Doyle is a class act and great respect to him for his loyalty to British speedway.

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Thank you. I hadn't seen that.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone else noticed the track was through to the base entering bend 3 last night. Hope that can be sorted out before it gets worse. 

I am not a Doyle fan in the slightest,,,, but the bloke is still head and shoulders above in this league,,,and he is defo winning me over. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Im sure i read it somewhere that Rowe is already or if not planning on living in Poland during the season, we all know the Polish leagues pay good money so haps he can make just a good a living staying and riding over there once or twice a wk, he's been scoring decent points for his club side of late.

2 hours ago, Speedball said:

How Jorgensen didn’t stack it after picking up in heat 10 I’ll never know.

That was genuinely unbelievable! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

That was genuinely unbelievable! 

Thought He was going to take Doyle out but done very well to save it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Speedball said:

I’d have been happy with a point before the start but left feeling a bit frustrated it wasn’t more in the end.

Two really poor starts from Niels in 10 & 12 cost him. The outside line didn’t work all meeting so what on earth Jorgensen was thinking in heat 14, god only knows. Just left the inside open lap after lap and eventually Riss took the invite.

Doyle was head and shoulders above everyone and never really looked like being beaten. Even when behind, only a matter of time before hitting the front. Riss looking more and more like the rider we know he can be.  Worst I’ve seen King by a mile.

For the Stars, impressed again with Lewi and surprised he didn’t get the nod in heat 15, though Lawson did spring into life a bit after being quiet early on. How Jorgensen didn’t stack it after picking up in heat 10 I’ll never know. The team is looking solid though and other than Wolves away, been competitive everywhere. 

Mom - R/R for Starke. Match winning 8+1, what a stroke of luck for Ipswich he didn’t make it :D

Pretty much spot on. Pickering had a better meeting than the match at Foxhall earlier in the season, hoping he'll nail it down there next time!

Heat 14 was the killer in the end, Doyle was nailed on 3 points in heat 15 so we needed to go into it at least 2 points up.

Generally poor meeting racing wise though, just kept interesting with the close score line.

• Like 1

Racing is generally poor at Foxhall,, whatever has been tried to improve it. It also seems to be getting worse season on season,,, and now it looks like the base has completely worn out in one place,,, and concrete is grippier. I'm guessing some serious work needs to be done over the winter.  You can't have decent racing when drifting off the curb allows the opposition to pass 

• Like 1

Refreshing that Alex Brady wasn't happy with a point and is disappointed we didn't win......that's the kind of winning attitude we need to see and its been missing for quite a while, arguably since Rob Lyon left.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Refreshing that Alex Brady wasn't happy with a point and is disappointed we didn't win......that's the kind of winning attitude we need to wee and its been missing for quite a while, arguably since Rob Lyon left.

It is. Personally i think Alex is a very welcome, and much needed breath of fresh air to the club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Refreshing that Alex Brady wasn't happy with a point and is disappointed we didn't win......that's the kind of winning attitude we need to see and its been missing for quite a while, arguably since Rob Lyon left.

Like all the Lynn fans their i assume.I was dissapointed with not getting more.While Jorgensen dropped points in ht14 he at least bust a gut trying for 1st.I was more dissapointed in Iversen in ht10 i think it was,quite visibly shut of before the start/finish line on about lap 2/3(unsure)when clearly having the speed to get past Barker.He was virtually level with Barker at this point and just totally come off the gas.