British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Lynn June 2nd

After all of these years King is still clueless ....has he any ability to hold a tight line? Explains why his career hasn't really taken off apart from winning a British title where wide riding was paramount.....ridiculous....I shouldn't care not being a fan of any club but **** me!!!!!!

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hagonshocker said:

After all of these years King is still clueless ....has he any ability to hold a tight line? Explains why his career hasn't really taken off apart from winning a British title where wide riding was paramount.....ridiculous....I shouldn't care not being a fan of any club but **** me!!!!!!

Truly is baffling how he cannot control a ride around the kerb at pace...:rolleyes::D

• Like 1

A tiny bit more from a few riders and we could of took 3 points. But overall another point on the board. Another good performance from Lewi. Much improved in the last 2 meetings. And Richie too. Well done lads:t:

13 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

A tiny bit more from a few riders and we could of took 3 points. But overall another point on the board. Another good performance from Lewi. Much improved in the last 2 meetings. And Richie too. Well done lads:t:

Thought Lewi would have been in ht15 tbh instead of NKI.Ht 14 TJ rode his nuts off to try to get the race win but lost his place to Riss who just rode the inside line constantly.Riss got 12pts tonight by not venturing of the inside line.

Was happy to take a point before the meeting,but slightly disappointed we didn't get more in the end.Only the scoreline kept it interesting,the racing certainly didnt.

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Thought Lewi would have been in ht15 tbh instead of NKI.Ht 14 TJ rode his nuts off to try to get the race win but lost his place to Riss who just rode the inside line constantly.Riss got 12pts tonight by not venturing of the inside line.

Was happy to take a point before the meeting,but slightly disappointed we didn't get more in the end.Only the scoreline kept it interesting,the racing certainly didnt.

That's how i thought sitting watching the updates. Alex said Erik was fired up.:t:

Ipswich nicking another Home win. Going along nicely at Home now.

Impressed with King's Lynn this year. Solid 1-7 with no real weakness. Giving off Panthers 2021 vibes imo. 

1 minute ago, TheSpecialOne said:

Don’t be fooled by the score line, a truly awful meeting 

I'm not fooled by the score line, or if it was an awful meeting. Happy the Stars got a point.

King needs to sort his equipment out double lively, massively letting him down atm, not driving off start to the first turn, spinning coming off the turns and not drive and straight line speed down the back straight.

Good to get the home win and keep the points going but really need our captains fortunes to improve rapidly I feel.

assume the rumours I heard a week or two ago about Rowe supposedly wanting to drop uk speedway and focus on Poland are true then, no sign of a witches return with no real explanation and now dropping Leicester 

7 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

King needs to sort his equipment out double lively, massively letting him down atm, not driving off start to the first turn, spinning coming off the turns and not drive and straight line speed down the back straight.

Good to get the home win and keep the points going but really need our captains fortunes to improve rapidly I feel.

assume the rumours I heard a week or two ago about Rowe supposedly wanting to drop uk speedway and focus on Poland are true then, no sign of a witches return with no real explanation and now dropping Leicester 

It can't be as easy as that. Your 3 Kings points( if your right), points to the gearing being to low, causing the bike to spin, instead of hooking up. .It's more than that. Danny isn't that daft.  

So we now have the UKs no.7's dropping the uk ?

Feel for King, it isn’t just tonight he hasn’t been on it all season. Need to support him though because he’s a damn good rider at this level.

On another note, what a class act Doyle is. Dragged us out of a hole more than once. Is there another rider around that’s not just as good as him, but gives his all every time in our country? Worth his weight in gold this fella. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 4

I just hope they sort the track out so there it's not just curb crawling to overtake. Yes Doyle made an outside pass,, but he is miles faster than anyone else.

Surely Doyle has an old engine in a shed somewhere he can let Danny have a go with. 

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It can't be as easy as that. Your 3 Kings points( if your right), points to the gearing being to low, causing the bike to spin, instead of hooking up. .It's more than that. Danny isn't that daft.  

So we now have the UKs no.7's dropping the uk ?

Danny is suffering from mechanical issues, even at Poole he is not performing as well as he can but at the higher level it is probably showing up more against stiffer competition. He has found the problems with his engine, and he tried a new engine tonight without having a chance to practice on it and get it set up which he did after the meeting. He has found the problem, but it is not an instant fix, these things take time to be repaired and I have no doubt in a few weeks he will back at his normal level.

From Richie’s meeting report, king’s bikes and engines are just not working for him atm, it’s been clear standing in the second bend exit coming off the turns he’s just not got enough speed and drive.

9 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Rowe rode for Leicester on Wednesday scoring 9.

4 minutes ago, tocha said:

Rowe rode for Leicester on Wednesday scoring 9.

But he's now no longer riding for leicester 

Edited by Panthers99