British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Jubilee Weekend Friday - Scunthorpe v Redcar 5pm

9 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

So the paramedic should of refused to redirect to the "accident "because it put you out?

:icon_smile_clown:

Well as predicted on page one, the afternoon track was bare and dusty, I think half of the track is in my hair. Feel like we threw a few potential points away on a track that the blast around the outside was just not working again. Please Rob refrain from afternoon fixtures the track is never as good as usual evening starts. From the programme notes, there is an indication that Aarnio is on borrowed time after letting us down again???

6 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

So you wanted it run with 1? after last week?

I think you have got exactly the promoter you deserve. Last 2 meetings I've been to, 1 abandoned and one delayed for 40 minutes due to lack of medical cover. 

1 thing i did notice that on both my visits the away contingent almost outnumbered the home crowd. If you keep running meetings with inadequate medical cover people will just not travel to the EWR and then you'll be up poop creek. 

Fair play and credit where it's due, Birmingham learnt by their mistake, yet your clown carries on business as usual

Enjoy your Mickey Mouse club while you still have it :icon_smile_clown:

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

I think you have got exactly the promoter you deserve. Last 2 meetings I've been to, 1 abandoned and one delayed for 40 minutes due to lack of medical cover. 

1 thing i did notice that on both my visits the away contingent almost outnumbered the home crowd. If you keep running meetings with inadequate medical cover people will just not travel to the EWR and then you'll be up poop creek. 

Fair play and credit where it's due, Birmingham learnt by their mistake, yet your clown carries on business as usual

The reason the club keeps going is because Rob runs a sustainable business model which includes a sensible team along with stock car racing, amateur meetings and private hires of the track. You can slag our “mickey mouse” club off all you want but we have kept going when giants of the sport haven’t over the the last 5 - 10 years so maybe bare that in mind in the future 

Not interested... won't be going again

Last night was the worse conditions to get a race track ready for a meeting Sunny and windy , but to be fair there was some cracking racing on the track Redcar are always good visitors to the EWR and that was to be proven again . The delay at the start due to medical staff was the right call as the riders deserve to have all medical staff present while there racing . Connor Cole’s was a breath of fresh air as he was on the pace in every race and deserved more pts to be fair and will be a great edition to the Scorpions line up . Redcar had a great backing at the track from there supporters and could quite easily have got the away win for them .                                                                    Speedway is a dangerous sport and two medics are essential to me, as for the  permanent hatred by Iainb towards the Scorpions riders,track and management it’s laughable are you 8 yrs old ??? .  Speedway needs all tracks to stay open especially when you hear Edinburgh will be a doubt to race in 2023 due to a lack of a racetrack ,so let’s support Speedway or we will lose it 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iainb said:

Sorry Ian,but having read all of the comments I have to agree with the other posters on this one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

The reason the club keeps going is because Rob runs a sustainable business model which includes a sensible team along with stock car racing, amateur meetings and private hires of the track. You can slag our “mickey mouse” club off all you want but we have kept going when giants of the sport haven’t over the the last 5 - 10 years so maybe bare that in mind in the future 

credit where it's due and absolutely everything you say is irrefutable and correct.

the elephant in the room though is that is this business model (however laudible for Scunthorpe) the model that THE CHAIRMAN on the Management Committee should be advocating.

sadly most of the TRacks under his control can't adopt the model and cheap and cheerful does not cut it I'm sure with the sort of major Sponsors and professional outlook the Sport wishes to attract.

That's why the loss of people like Adrian Smith, who had the business background and vision to promote the sport should be deeply concerning as the Sport needs bringing in to the 21st century in the UK.

massive credit and respect for the way he runs and the stability he has created at Scunny, no doubt about that BUT is this a model for the Sport in the 21st digital media era, I'd argue not.

23 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

Sorry Ian,but having read all of the comments I have to agree with the other posters on this one.

Sorry Moranboys, I don't really care

24 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

You should.......

And why is that?

18 hours ago, iainb said:

Many thanks to adding to the clubs coffers. :t: Greatly appreciated. ;)

18 hours ago, iainb said:

We will see when the KO Cup meeting is re-arranged.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Many thanks to adding to the clubs coffers. :t: Greatly appreciated. ;)

We will see when the KO Cup meeting is re-arranged.

I, of course, reserve the right to change my mind :t:

If you ask nicely I may come back :lol:

Edited by iainb