British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Belle Vue v Ipswich Monday June 6th Live on TV

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Speedway in this country is only a professional sport in the fact that the riders are paid. 

Indeed. I doubt it could be put any more succinctly!!

2 minutes ago, tocha said:

On the face of it quite straightforward. However, you then have to factor in Mondays when Belle Vue are riding or have ridden away, at least two at Wolverhampton possibly another one at Peterborough then two Pairs meetings. Looking at the Belle Vue fixture list there are only two free Mondays from now until mid September.

Thursday is a UK protected night too. Can Belle Vue use the stadium on a Thursday? 

6 minutes ago, GregoryM said:

Thursday is a UK protected night too. Can Belle Vue use the stadium on a Thursday? 

I have no idea but Monday has become the accustomed night for them. Riding on 'off' nights have a detrimental affect on crowd numbers. Poole couldn't make it work switching from Wednesday and it finished Rye House.

You gotta love it. Belle vue running RR for max when Josh Pickering is there commentating. A couple of weeks ago Josh happily went by max in heat 13 but no doubt Mark Lemon thinks he’ll get more from RR. Be interesting to see how that ends up ?  

Embarrassing TV coverage again for speedway after Eurosport previously being at Ipswich with 'no crowd' in attendance. And we know it's a top of the table clash but looking at the TV & it looks like sum local Sunday league meeting.

Is there no offer on to attract folk to attend?

Oh dear, very poor marketing. I'd be pulling the plug if I were Discovery as it looks like no one is interested in the product ur trying to sell!

So sad.

3 minutes ago, wtf said:

You gotta love it. Belle vue running RR for max when Josh Pickering is there commentating. A couple of weeks ago Josh happily went by max in heat 13 but no doubt Mark Lemon thinks he’ll get more from RR. Be interesting to see how that ends up ?  

I am Belle Vue will win but I hope Ipswich keep it close 

Just now, foreverblue said:

I am Belle Vue will win but I hope Ipswich keep it close 

Zach &; Danny maximum's :D

8 minutes ago, wtf said:

Or he’d already agreed to do TV. 

4 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Or he’d already agreed to do TV. 

As a professional speedway rider, Id assume he'd rather ride than yak about it

The best race track in the uk and pickering just said if u dont gate thats it ,ffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

The best race track in the uk and pickering just said if u dont gate thats it ,ffs.

The same Pickering who’s produced many passes here lol

• Like 1

"Belle Vue a very well supported club".. 

Nice one Kelv, fair play...

Poor timing though just as they show a grandstand with "one or two" empty seats...:D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

So he didn’t see Wright and King side by side in heat 3, or Batchelor pass Brennan in heat 4.

Track is fast and grippy though tonight, times in the 59s. It will start to move wider soon hopefully.