British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Belle Vue v Ipswich Monday June 6th Live on TV

Labour party had a good result in Manchester tonight with all those red seats in the Houses of the NSS! :rofl:

Prague SGP had plenty of empty seats !! And guarantee Discovery more interested in the SGP Series and it's progress than British Speedway attendance figures. As long as viewing figures strong - they'll be content.  

Would imagine that tv channels will always love a last heat decider. 

I'd rather watch a good meeting than a good crowd. Cardiff GPs are often never that good to watch but they have good crowds!Actually, a lot of GPs have been pretty processional.  Does make you wonder if a more central location would have been better for the national stadium.

50 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Good meeting, 2 top teams and top racing and a really good result for Aces..

BUT OMG what a very poor crowd!! The camera shots made it even worse. What is the problem with British speedway? 

It's the cost of living m8 ....

Crowds are always a disaster on tv unless a play off meeting etc, it is baffling why they constantly show the empty terraces and stands. Just looks horrendous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hackett said:

Prague SGP had plenty of empty seats !! And guarantee Discovery more interested in the SGP Series and it's progress than British Speedway attendance figures. As long as viewing figures strong - they'll be content.  

Would imagine that tv channels will always love a last heat decider. 

Discovery want to buy into British Speedway as they want to do in other national leagues 

Another entertaining meeting from the NSS  - fans staying home to watch is understandable I think £20 + to get in while can watch on tv if already paying for Eurosport makes no sense in paying twice - along  with cost of living expenses it makes complete sense to watch from home . Not even convinced reduced admission would make much difference to crowd levels at tv meetings nowadays. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pinny said:

Crowds are always a disaster on tv unless a play off meeting etc, it is baffling why they constantly show the empty terraces and stands. Just looks horrendous. 

Fair play to the director he/she/they, (delete as applicable), did their best where they could to zoom in where 20 or 30 or so were sat together, making it look "full"..

Not something they could keep doing but you could tell it was a plan.. 

Unfortunately at one stage they focused on five or six Aces fans who were sat pretty much isolated, having their tea by the looks of it, looking miserable, with coats fully fastened as if they freezing to death, which made my lad laugh out loud and say to me....

"Speedway fans make even you look young and normal"... 

Cheeky beggar.. ... :D

"Eeeeeee I'm fifty four you know.."..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Fair play to the director he/she/they, (delete as applicable), did their best where they could to zoom in where 20 or 30 or so were sat together, making it look "full"..

Not something they could keep doing but you could tell it was a plan.. 

Unfortunately at one stage they focused on five or six Aces fans who were sat pretty much isolated, having their tea by the looks of it, looking miserable, with coats fully fastened as if they freezing to death, which made my lad laugh out loud and say to me....

"Speedway fans make even you look young and normal"... 

Cheeky beggar.. ... :D

"Eeeeeee I'm fifty four you know.."..

Based on that promoters should do what football did during covid and have cardboard fans in all seats

Not sure if for TV if Belle Vue shut the back  straight and made fans all go in the grandstand? Not sure where they situate disabled supporters tho 

20 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Based on that promoters should do what football did during covid and have cardboard fans in all seats

Not sure if for TV if Belle Vue shut the back  straight and made fans all go in the grandstand? Not sure where they situate disabled supporters tho 

There are superb disabled facilities in the  main grandstand at Belle Vue

19 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Aces could hand put Kurtz or Zagar at 2, with the other at 5, then use them as a pairing in heat 13 if they wanted to?

Such creative thinking is beyond team managers!

10 hours ago, TTT said:

Doyle off 1 and Batchelor in Heat 15. Hawkins doing an impression of Mark Lemon imo. 

Should've been Doyle off 3 and King in Heat 15

Ipswich needed a heat advantage, the only hope of that was putting Doyle off gate 3 (worst position) with Batchelor off gate 1, hope Batchelor made a good start and Doyle could figure out a way past one of the Aces. 

10 hours ago, mikebv said:

Surprised they used Batch and not King in 15..

I don't think there was a great deal between Batchelor & King on the night TBH.  Batchelor had popped out the start in front of Zagar once, King hadn't.

31 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

There were fans on the back straight?  The disabled supporters at the NSS have a balcony in the grandstand, behind the seating on the exit of turn 4.  They had to share it with TV crews previously but didn't last night.

My own thoughts, however many points Barker's bike relinquished Brennan seemed to give as many away early in the meeting.
Don't think either team manager managed the R/R situation at all well.  Sedgeman must wonder why he agreed to the booking having been replaced by a reserve.
Track was better than the Kings Lynn fixture.

Edited by Col

Boring meeting  only kept interesting by the close score line . 

If that's the best track in the country.. Ipswich must be 2nd. Another track where going the shortest way round wins the race.:blink:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Those 2 gifted points that Brennan got due to Ben's bike dying were definitely the difference in this meeting. So pleased Josh kept Kelvin honest during commentary,  he so hates us for some reason :unsure: and can't hide it.

40 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Boring meeting  only kept interesting by the close score line . 

If that's the best track in the country.. Ipswich must be 2nd. Another track where going the shortest way round wins the race.:blink:

You've seen other meetings from BV I presume? Daft to judge a track from one meeting.

59 minutes ago, Badge said:

Those 2 gifted points that Brennan got due to Ben's bike dying were definitely the difference in this meeting. So pleased Josh kept Kelvin honest during commentary,  he so hates us for some reason :unsure: and can't hide it.

you could also say, if Brennan had used his second bike from the start. All if's and but's. But that's speedway

• Thanks 2