British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Belle Vue v Ipswich Monday June 6th Live on TV

18 hours ago, iainb said:

These days, less is often more, the success of T20 cricket shows this and then they went even lesser with The 100, even Golf is at it now with a 54 hole tournament with all the players teeing off at the same time... where as Speedway seem to want to artificially extend a meeting to beyond 2 hours by using tractor racing as a distraction as they think that punters will feel short changed if they've not had 2 hours "entertainment"

Another example is the England Test team and how they have almost single handedly made five day cricket become a two or three day affair over the past few years...

Giving their own fans terrific value for money in a short space of time, as they get to see England have two full innings, while the opposition fans only get to see their team have one...:D

• Haha 2

On 6/9/2022 at 8:39 PM, Kryten said:

I never post much these days, but being a loyal Aces fan, I could see sat in the grandstand on Monday that it was poorly attended but when I watched the recording last night, Jesus. 

Are people like me really the last fans standing. My 2 eldest kids have found better things to do (teenagers) while my youngest is still Aces mad. Chase the Ace is great and the white line challenge is a good idea.

What I’d like to see is a faster show.  15 heats in an hour or just over. Most of the time I don’t think the NSS needs grading every 4 heats. Speedway needs to be exciting, which it is but dragging it out makes it dull, even for 37 year veterans like me. Make it fast, punchy and loud. 

This won’t happen with the tv there. Except the 7.45 start time, I thought it was pretty quick considering tv. 
as for the racing, not great imo . And I’ve found that for the last few years. It’s fast and excited granted but lesser riders are never going to have the speed to make passes or trouble the front guys