British Speedway Forum
GiveusaB

Birmingham v Leicester 01.05.22

LEICESTER will be without Connor Mountain for their Championship trip to Birmingham tonight (Wednesday, 7.30pm).

Mountain misses the match at Perry Barr as his partner went into labour yesterday, and the Watling JCB Lions have been given BSP approval to operate the rider replacement facility.

That means his rides will be shared between skipper Kyle Howarth, Joe Thompson, and reserve duo Anders Rowe and Dan Thompson.

All at Leicester wish Connor and his partner well, and we hope to see him back at the weekend.

• Like 1

With the meeting taking place during the school half-term holiday, a reminder that kids 11 and under are admitted free of charge.

Tonight’s fixture also sees the launch of the club's special June offer where season ticket holders of all other UK clubs will be admitted for just £10 on production of their valid season ticket. Meanwhile Cradley and Coventry fans can also get their cheaper fix of live Speedway by either showing an old season ticket or club programme board.

Come along and support us this evening, going to be a great meeting and super way to start the long platinum jubilee bank holiday weekend.

1 hour ago, ellioth4 said:

Tonight’s fixture also sees the launch of the club's special June offer where season ticket holders of all other UK clubs will be admitted for just £10 on production of their valid season ticket

Wish I'd known before I was strong armed into going to see Maverick instead tonight.

Good luck to the Brummies tonight. As long as their guests perform adequately then it could be a decent result for them.

5 hours ago, *JJ said:

Unfortunately, the turnip is not nearly as funny as he thinks he is  :cry:

Neither was Brummie Jasper CARROT! :rofl:

But then us Turnip's av never been in the same bed as the Carrot's! :rofl:

The audience roar "more more", come ere there's more......:D

Edited by Turnip

Is it likely that Vissing will be coming back some time or is this the latest Championship permanent guest facility alongside Auty, Kennett, Wilson-Dean?

2 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

Is it likely that Vissing will be coming back some time or is this the latest Championship permanent guest facility alongside Auty, Kennett, Wilson-Dean?

I've read Paul Hurry, Gordon Kennett & Ian 'boo boo' Barney are avin a run out.....maybe worth a call?  ;)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

When I went to this fixture last year there were major road works between the stadium and the One Stop retail park. Is this work completed or should I avoid it and approach it from another route?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer advice.

Still got road works, but little in the way of delays....OR...you can now travel by train and use Perry Barr's shiny, brand-new train station :rolleyes:  Well, brand new it is, but shiny it isn't. Some genius designer decided that "dirty rusty" is the new black, and erm, well, the locals aren't amused. No doubt it will one day become a "future classic" of it's type...possibly? But anyway, rail services to Perry Barr are now available again.

58 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Still got road works, but little in the way of delays....OR...you can now travel by train and use Perry Barr's shiny, brand-new train station :rolleyes:  Well, brand new it is, but shiny it isn't. Some genius designer decided that "dirty rusty" is the new black, and erm, well, the locals aren't amused. No doubt it will one day become a "future classic" of it's type...possibly? But anyway, rail services to Perry Barr are now available again.

Loving the "Oi, come back with my bike!" mural. 

1 hour ago, Turnip said:

Neither was Brummie Jasper CARROT! :rofl:

Funny or not, JC has a net worth of over $50 million 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pirio Barre said:

Funny or not, JC has a net worth of over $50 million 

Takin a comment out of context me thinks!

5 hours ago, *JJ said:

Unfortunately, the turnip is not nearly as funny as he thinks he is  :cry:

He's a sad lonely man with nothing better to do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Are BBC WM covering this meeting on the radio?