British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TTT

Panthers vs. Wolves 02/06/22

30 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Basso the teenager is making the old boys look like junior's..

Apart from the fact he is 20 lol. Maybe have to go along with someone half their age...

You know this team is really bad when they're way worse than my pre-meeting predictions. 

Yes I'll even banter myself tonight after predicting the Panthers to win. :D

Not so much Dad's Army, more Some Mother's Do Have 'Em this season... Nicholls, Andersen & Ostergaard sooooo slow, mobile road blocks being passed for fun when they do make the gate ahead of an opponent

• Haha 1

I've told the wife and kids that I'm going to spend the night on my own in a hotel. I need time to clear my head and process what is happening.

We retained 6/7 of last year's title winners. How is this happening?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

I've told the wife and kids that I'm going to spend the night on my own in a hotel. I need time to clear my head and process what is happening.

We retained 6/7 of last year's title winners. How is this happening?

Bring back Bjarne I say!! He's obviously the glue that holds the team together :D

RESULT

Newcastle Crendon Panthers 40 - 50 Wolverhampton Parry's International Wolves

3 changes needed otherwise we finish the league campaign on 0 points. 

Well done Bomber Harris on his MAX. Shame nobody else bothered to back him up. 

Plenty of grip on the outside for Bomber it seems tonight? Seems like the riders had the track tonight, but  still couldn't do it. Farther time  ?

• Like 2

On 5/31/2022 at 9:59 AM, TTT said:

Huge huge HUGE! Meeting for us. As I said on a previous thread I think our best chance of winning a meeting this season is against Ipswich & Wolves at Home.

I think this is where we finally put some points on the board this season. Panthers to sneak a close one due to Ben Basso taking 6/7 rides. Panthers by 2-4 points imo.

What do you think?

I'd stay away from speedway betting , if I were you, particularly when the Wolves are involved ! 

• Like 1

Just now, Beowulf said:

I'd stay away from speedway betting , if I were you, particularly when the Wolves are involved ! 

I didn't bet on Peterborough. I had a bet on Masters Over and Exactly 9 :t:

Firstly Chris Harris was sensational tonight and worth the admission money alone. 

Well done to wolves on the win 

Nicholls, Andersen, Ostergaard and Jenkins 9+1 I'm sorry that is embarrassing. 

MPT isn't a number 1 but is a good consistent rider at this level but should be a 3 or 4 

Basso is a talent suffered some bike issues tonight which would've seen him score double figures otherwise

Other than Harris, Basso and MPT the rest sadly aren't good enough any longer.  After last season I hate to say and witness it on track but maybe it was time for Dad's Army to bow out on a high as legends like Bjarne did. 

The season is pretty much over unless we can make 3-4 changes to improve the team and hit some top form.  With rider shortages it's unlikely to happen I'd imagine. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Firstly Chris Harris was sensational tonight and worth the admission money alone. 

MPT isn't a number 1 but is a good consistent rider at this level but should be a 3 or 4 

Basso is a talent suffered some bike issues tonight which would've seen him score double figures otherwise

Other than Harris, Basso and MPT the rest sadly aren't good enough any longer.  After last season I hate to say and witness it on track but maybe it was time for Dad's Army to bow out on a high as legends like Bjarne did. 

The season is pretty much over unless we can make 3-4 changes to improve the team and hit some top form.  With rider shortages it's unlikely to happen I'd imagine. 

I was going to post something but you just said it all for me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chrismorton said:

I was going to post something but you just said it all for me.

11 hours ago, Flappy said:

Good summary and I agree with most of it, the track was better but it’s still a white line drag race early doors.

Panthers had 6 issues with tyres last night including two for Basso whilst Wolves didn’t have any, very strange.

Harris new engine and looked quick, Andersen, Ostergaard and Nicholls didn’t and Jenkins was just making up the numbers.

Crowd was very good last night but it won’t stay that way if we keep losing and the club do nothing to try and change things.

12 hours ago, iainb said:

Not so much Dad's Army, more Some Mother's Do Have 'Em this season...

If they keep retaining the same team it will be more like "till death us do part":D

19 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Do u reckon if they sacked off that annoying pre match T### on the mic it would free up some money for signings?

I doubt very much that any money changes hands although if anyone organises a collection to get rid then I'll get my wallet out.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Plenty of grip on the outside for Bomber it seems tonight? Seems like the riders had the track tonight, but  still couldn't do it. Farther time  ?

Meeting was all but over after 5 races though when gating was premium and Panthers failings were all too obvious. Harris is just different class at the EoES and very fast but even he couldn't get round Morris in heat 4. He had build up speed before the cutback & inside pass going in to turn 3. Palm Toft is the only one of that team who's up to that standard on a good day. Panthers were 12 points down at heat 8 but then only lose by 10 points & that all gives some indication of where some of the problems are.

Edited by Crump99