British Speedway Forum
Al Stewart

Edinburgh v Glasgow KO Friday 3rd June

1 minute ago, Cerro said:

Pumped. 

Yep just need to return the favour tomorrow night.

It is a healthy lead but never say never, an uphill task but not insurmountable.

Edited by Gazc

Pretty shawdy effort, usually throw 1 in a season at the dump. Few arses need kicked before take on the select side tomorrow 

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Pretty shawdy effort, usually throw 1 in a season at the dump. Few arses need kicked before take on the select side tomorrow 

I think we needed that, flattering to deceive for a bit now. Ulle just hasnt got going other than last time over there, Basso likewise and Nicol doing very very little. Danyon had a rare off night though frustrating to watch us still trying the inside line throughout the meeting when it largely died around ht 5 or 6.

• Like 1

I wonder if the big I am will be looking to double down in the National League next season as it seems his days dominating this league have long gone :D .

• Haha 1

Masters and Pickering were on great form tonight. The night looked bad for the Tigers from the off, with Craig going through the tapes and then Broc replacing him and doing the same. Gating was poor, and most of the boys stuck to the inside when the Edinburgh boys were clearly favouring the outside.

Didn't really understand why we sent Tom out again in heat 15 when Ulle had scored in every ride. He wasn't setting the place on fire, but he was solid.

And whilst it didn't change anything, it's mad that heat 8 is a protected heat (obvs doesn't apply in KO Cup with no tactical subs), yet you can put a better rider in under R/R. Surely it would be logical to make it so that heat can only be covered by the other reserve?

It's a lot to make up tomorrow, but I guess it depends who turns up. All I know is it won't be Chris Harris.

1 hour ago, emilali said:

I wonder if the big I am will be looking to double down in the National League next season as it seems his days dominating this league have long gone :D .

Cheap shot. The guy served Edinburgh well for years.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Cheap shot. The guy served Edinburgh well for years.

Craig has a lot of haters, wish they would leave him alone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Edinburgh deserved the win, can't see us pulling that back as they have good guests, Glasgow looked mediocre to be honest and Pickering, Masters and Thomson are very good. Ruml probably did more than what Sarge would have. Disappointed with our supposedly strong reserves, thought they would have done better

9 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

So you think nicol and Hume isn’t as strong as hook and ruml? 

if so I’d go get yourself checked out.

You were saying?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Masters and Pickering were on great form tonight. The night looked bad for the Tigers from the off, with Craig going through the tapes and then Broc replacing him and doing the same. Gating was poor, and most of the boys stuck to the inside when the Edinburgh boys were clearly favouring the outside.

Didn't really understand why we sent Tom out again in heat 15 when Ulle had scored in every ride. He wasn't setting the place on fire, but he was solid.

And whilst it didn't change anything, it's mad that heat 8 is a protected heat (obvs doesn't apply in KO Cup with no tactical subs), yet you can put a better rider in under R/R. Surely it would be logical to make it so that heat can only be covered by the other reserve?

It's a lot to make up tomorrow, but I guess it depends who turns up. All I know is it won't be Chris Harris.

The protected heat 8 rule is pointless when you can put your stronger reserve at number 7 anyway. At least in the Prem it makes more sense as the RS has to be at 7 & gets a protected heat.

48 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Edinburgh deserved the win, can't see us pulling that back as they have good guests, Glasgow looked mediocre to be honest and Pickering, Masters and Thomson are very good. Ruml probably did more than what Sarge would have. Disappointed with our supposedly strong reserves, thought they would have done better

Personally I would expect Sarj to be able to at least score 7 from 7 rides! So not much lost or gained there for me.

Excellent from the back ride by Ruml which seemed to go unnoticed by the other riders in the race. 

4 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

I wondered when you'd turn up :icon_smile_clown:

Ello darling sorry I'm late. I had to buy a new frock. Hope you like it :D

Edited by Turnip