British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

10.6.22 - Scunny v Glasgow, League

All stems back to the conference days,and how there promoter seems to run the sport his way and his way only.

The rivalry goes back many years... mainly due to the clueless Devil Darren and his mates complete inability to accept banter as exactly that... banter.  They've been bitter ever since.... and long may it continue :)

Albert I completely agree about devil Darren he is a complete bell end and I’m so glad he has bugger all to do with our club anymore and like you say long may the rivalry continue for once we got the bragging rights this season.

Edited by Mike0310
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Albert I completely agree about devil Darren he is a complete bell end.

It's Scunthope's part of the world that had Bell End Speedway......... 

Edited by crescent girl

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Coles signed & in on Friday. :t: 

Tero's ban ends but riding for Finnish Federation GP Qualifier at weekend. R/R on Friday & Sedgmen in on Sunday at Glasgow.

with sedgy guesting for Edinburgh on saturday  just there does the 8 day rule not come into force or is it 7 can’t remember 

Edited by mac101

3 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Two hammerings coming the scorpions way this week then.

Wow!!!! Is that a vote of confidence in  Cami-knickers?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mac101 said:

with sedgy guesting for Edinburgh on sunday just there does the 7 day rule not come into force 

Edinburgh match was Saturday this week's home match is Sunday so it's all legal. Like said on other thread whether the rule should be consecutive matched at a specific track and not just the 8 days is open for discussion 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mac101 said:

with sedgy guesting for Edinburgh on sunday just there does the 7 day rule not come into force 

This will be Sedgeman's 3rd appearance (for 3 different teams and none them his own) in the last 3 (CL level) meetings at Ashfield.

Guests are now beyond a joke especially since certain teams don't seem to give a monkey's about finding their own replacements

6 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Is Kennedy back at reserve for June?

Who is June ?

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

This will be Sedgeman's 3rd appearance (for 3 different teams and none them his own) in the last 3 (CL level) meetings at Ashfield.

Guests are now beyond a joke especially since certain teams don't seem to give a monkey's about finding their own replacements

Tom Brennan doing a guest gig @ Brum tonight  . yea , its getting oot of hand laddie .

8 minutes ago, jenga said:

Who is June ?

Where is she?

4 minutes ago, jenga said:

Tom Brennan doing a guest gig @ Brum tonight  . yea , its getting oot of hand laddie .

Yip Brennan, Howarth, Lawson, Sedgeman and of course Bomber must be making as much from guesting as they do riding for their own teams.

As I suggested elsewhere maybe it's time to limit riders to only guesting once for each team or at each track during a season?

they could not stop Scotty N riding in the lower league , so they wont be able to get anywhere with that iffy rule  unless Godders needs a guest rider for scunny lol.

3 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Albert I completely agree about devil Darren he is a complete bell end and I’m so glad he has bugger all to do with our club anymore and like you say long may the rivalry continue for once we got the bragging rights this season.

Can’t say hat saying I got banned last week for it

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Yip Brennan, Howarth, Lawson, Sedgeman and of course Bomber must be making as much from guesting as they do riding for their own teams.

As I suggested elsewhere maybe it's time to limit riders to only guesting once for each team or at each track during a season?

But what would you rather see R/R every week or a side with a full 7 ? Because with the availability of riders riding in Europe and having other matches in the same league and then trying to get someone who is the correct fit average wise it is highly unlikely that you will end up finding a guest if you bring in a rule like that