British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

10.6.22 - Scunny v Glasgow, League

8 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

But what would you rather see R/R every week or a side with a full 7 ? Because with the availability of riders riding in Europe and having other matches in the same league and then trying to get someone who is the correct fit average wise it is highly unlikely that you will end up finding a guest if you bring in a rule like that 

In the 3 scheduled matches last night there were 6 guests and 2 r/r in place.

The sport loses credibility with every turn of a wheel.

Changes need making

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Coles signed & in on Friday. :t: 

Tero's ban ends but riding for Finnish Federation GP Qualifier at weekend. R/R on Friday & Sedgmen in on Sunday at Glasgow.

Is Sedgmen the new Chris Harris ? 

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

Is Sedgmen the new Chris Harris ? 

Or Tom Brennan?

20 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Why don't Plymouth fans like Scunthorpe? I'm obviously missing something!

When we came back to League racing in 2006, we burst Plymouth's bubble with 2 great teams in 06 & 07 winning almost everything.

19 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

All stems back to the conference days,and how there promoter seems to run the sport his way and his way only.

Godfrey was not even on the board in the conference days so could not run the sport his way.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Albert I completely agree about devil Darren he is a complete bell end and I’m so glad he has bugger all to do with our club anymore and like you say long may the rivalry continue for once we got the bragging rights this season.

Careful Mike, you might get yourself banned from the forum & we will miss your banter.:rolleyes: One of our fans called a poster a be## ##d on Friday night & subsequently got banned. :sad:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Changes need making

Why not let other team members take more than one r/r ride.Say if your number one was missing,let your numbers 3and5 take two of his rides each.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Changes need making

But what changes can you make realistically ?!

30 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

But what changes can you make realistically ?!

6 man teams built to about 34 or 35 reducing chances of top heavy teams, Brit at reserve.

All non declared riders go into a "guest riders pot" but limited to number of appearances per team. 

43 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

6 man teams built to about 34 or 35 reducing chances of top heavy teams, Brit at reserve.

All non declared riders go into a "guest riders pot" but limited to number of appearances per team. 

I think the 6 man teams are a very realistic prospect given the current situation regarding availability of heat leaders 

Brexit hasn’t helped rider availability and the number of Aussie & American rider numbers are down compared to years ago  

Plus this is my first post since my 5 day ban on here ,so won’t be responding to a certain Leicester fan

• Haha 1

Whilst I don't disagree with 6 man teams, I think make it more difficult for younger riders coming through as no reserve position as such. Was looking through some programs from 97 last time was 6 man teams and were no heat 2/8/12/14 kind of heats. 

Suppose that could be created but certainly no "easy" heats and would always be up against a HL

Not gating and when we do, get passed like we are standing still

Congrats to Scunny, they were by far the better team