British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

10.6.22 - Scunny v Glasgow, League

9 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Remember last year when teams were fighting over Nicol!! Amazing really

Should we have heard alarm bells when Wolves didn't resign him?

10 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Should we have heard alarm bells when Wolves didn't resign him?

Think they were very frustrated with him in the playoffs.

5 hours ago, Pinny said:

Said it elsewhere, think was Poole Vs Leicester thread that got deleted. This Glasgow team needed Cook to be banging in huge scores week in week out and Ostergaard to be a strong second heatleader to allow Basso and Brennan to kick on a bit. It isn't happening at the moment.

Cook seems to still be a half decent number one but not the major force he was for so many years whilst Ostergaard is 40 coming back from a serious injury.

Still look a decent team but can't see them up there with Poole and Leicester.

Exactly, brennan and basso are doing fine, cook, ulrich and especially nicol are where the issues are .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Exactly, brennan and basso are doing fine, cook, ulrich and especially nicol are where the issues are .

at last some one who can see the problems @ Glasgow. , most can see this , butt the stripes  (red cross) gang cannot see the wood for the trees ! 

• Like 2

Cook is till a decent No1,maybe not as dominant but he had avery high standard to maintain.Ulle is the major problem as 2nd Heat leader ,just not performing most of the time.Nicol has just lost the plot career going backwards don’t think many seen that coming.

13 points away from home but cooks the issue :blink:? Yeah he's not the dominant best rider in the league he once was but still scoring to his average which I believe is what was asked of him at start of season.

Ulle is most definitely the biggest issue, riding on Willie Lawson level machinery it looks like. Broc scoring 1 from reserve totally unacceptable, getting beat by Connor Coles of all people.

Connor probably a weak link at 2 just now away from home as well. Several 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

at last some one who can see the problems @ Glasgow. , most can see this , butt the stripes  (red cross) gang cannot see the wood for the trees ! 

The problems at Glasgow have been there for all to see for a while now. Cookie doesn't seem to be in the right place at the moment and he always looks angry and unhappy, Ulrich is a nice guy but he's no longer a heat leader especially away from home, Ben Basso isn't the huge steal expected him to be after all the initial hype, Connor can only score decent points around Ashfield when he's riding at reserve and i really don't know what to say about Broc because he seems to be having a truly dreadful season (apart from the last home meeting against Edinburgh in which he got a four heat maximum) and Danyon is simply Danyon. I don't know what i would do if i were the manager of Glasgow as it doesn't look like there is much anyone can do except try to install more confidence into the team which the present manager doesn't really seem to be able to do. The Tigers will still finish in the Top 4 but as Poole proved the other week, there is no way Glasgow could win a two-legged semi-final or final against a team like the Pirates or Leicester.

Edited by Nickinho
Spelling mistake

27 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

The problems at Glasgow have been there for all to see for a while now. Cookie doesn't seem to be in the right place at the moment and he always looks angry and unhappy, Ulrich is a nice guy but he's no longer a heat leader especially away from home, Ben Basso isn't the huge steal expected him to be after all the initial hype, Connor can only score decent points around Ashfield when he's riding at reserve and i really don't know what to say about Broc because he seems to be having a truly dreadful season (apart from the last home meeting against Edinburgh in which he got a four heat maximum) and Danyon is simply Danyon. I don't know what i would do if i were the manager of Glasgow as it doesn't look like there is much anyone can do except try to install more confidence into the team which the present manager doesn't really seem to be able to do. The Tigers will still finish in the Top 4 but as Poole proved the other week, there is no way Glasgow could win a two-legged semi-final or final against a team like the Pirates or Leicester.

Hmmm, interesting! What did people expect? He was reserve most of the time he was at Poole in a part of last season when the team was on winning run/good form. He think he is doing well considering he is at 4.

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmmm, interesting! What did people expect? He was reserve most of the time he was at Poole in a part of last season when the team was on winning run/good form. He think he is doing well considering he is at 4.

Basso certainly isn’t the issue doing perfectly fine the issue is our second heat leader and senior reserve.

One that can’t hold position due to riding a lawn mower and the other is consistently inconsistent.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I agree. Ben is an untried asset and you complain when he scores 9, including two race wins. Sack him. There would be a long queue to sign him, believe me.

I'll take Danyon too.
Cookie is brilliant, sometimes. Not sure I could cope with the moods though.

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 1

Excellent meeting and performance by Scunny, everyone doing their job.

Was that a new water bowser? Seemed better than the other one.

what was the new water bowsers lap times compared to the older one  and could he get a reserve slot @ Glasgow or even the number 1 position ..?

Forget all the Glasgow internal disputes  perhaps  the Scorpions just rode well and had a good win!

• Like 2

Good comedy moment with the bowser.. it came round and caught the tapes, when the driver realised, he braked and the water inside came out over the top and drenched the start marshall.Not ideal stopping as he left the water on and flooded gate 1

27 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

Good comedy moment with the bowser.. it came round and caught the tapes, when the driver realised, he braked and the water inside came out over the top and drenched the start marshall.Not ideal stopping as he left the water on and flooded gate 1

Yeah new water bowser incident was rather funny