British Speedway Forum
Petecc

Birmingham v Edinburgh 08/06/22

Reserves need to outscore their rivals, they play a big role in a meeting if the opposition reserves score 10-12 points and your reserves pick up only 5 to 6 then you are almost certainly going to lose more matches than you win, but in saying that you do need your heat leaders to score biggish, Brummies are struggling and as said before heats 13-15 we tend to lose the heats, but again i will say our reserves are costing us big time at the moment, we cant seem to get an heat advantage in heat 2 either, Rogers needs to pull a few rabbits out the hat before the season turns even more disastrous 

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

The streaming is better but not brilliant. 

I hope Paul Bowen is not a regular - really irritating. 

Lee Kilby and the girl were excellent. 

But the race commentators were talking constantly and not giving themselves a chance to think. So they spouted so much wrong stuff. (Interesting that 6 points ahead going into the last race meant Edinburgh had not secured the win!) 

Track desperately needed water from the beginning but didn't get it till there was a blue groove. 

8 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

But the race commentators were talking constantly and not giving themselves a chance to think. So they spouted so much wrong stuff. (Interesting that 6 points ahead going into the last race meant Edinburgh had not secured the win!) 

Track desperately needed water from the beginning but didn't get it till there was a blue groove. 

Tough to criticise too much as the budget will be really tight. It was annoying me how often they mentioned a 5-0 in ht15 would have snatched a draw. Ehh nope. 

Only caught the second half of the meeting but having Sam and Josh in ht13 and ht15 is such a bonus. Gives real confidence even if slightly behind. Ht14 was a great 1-5 too

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Tough to criticise too much as the budget will be really tight. It was annoying me how often they mentioned a 5-0 in ht15 would have snatched a draw. Ehh nope. 

Only caught the second half of the meeting but having Sam and Josh in ht13 and ht15 is such a bonus. Gives real confidence even if slightly behind. Ht14 was a great 1-5 too

To be fair, the graphic on screen at the time said 40-45 so whilst wrong, the sentiment was correct ;) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

Parts of Birmingham had extremely heavy flash spells of 5-10 minutes torrential rain during the morning / afternoon. It was very localised but had they have had a couple of those they would have been marginal in terms of having the meeting on.

There are occasions when you are damned if you do and damned if you don't and on this occasion to have significantly watered during the day would have been a massive risk.

10 hours ago, Brummies23 said:

The difference from the teams tonight. They had a number one and five and we didn’t. They had a reserve what got them points and wins. We didn’t. 

Listening to the last brummies meeting on BBC WM someone said Luke Becker is available  Why don’t we go for him and Rowe at reserve and either more Vissing to 3 Sedgy at 5? Or get rid of Vissing and get someone else. 

Anders Rowe for Pearson should be a definite.....

As for other team places, it's looking bleak for the rest of this season.....Vissing and Auty need replacing 'permanently', but I can't see where the finances will come from.

Nielsen is the only rider that's performing above his average by looks of it?

10 hours ago, jenga said:

hey cammi , thats how you gat 4 points for an away win .. lol

Aye and John Campbell even got the stream.

Better than a photobomb lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Anders Rowe for Pearson should be a definite.....

But is Rowe available.

There are all sorts of stories going around including one of him only riding overseas to advance his career(???)

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

But is Rowe available.

There are all sorts of stories going around including one of him only riding overseas to advance his career(???)

Probably not ? (after 'Ellis-gate' at B'ham, I dont bother reading/listening to stories/rumours :))

If he was available, then I think Poole would've found a loophole to replace Ablitt  with him? :D

9 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

Hi Scotty , Thanks for tuning in last night. Ill be honest it was my first go on the BSN commentary as the team and i thought we would give it ago to see what happens. As it happens i did make a few mistakes here and there and sometimes probably came out with wrong phase, I think even i under estimated how hard it is to comment on Live speedway as it happens so fast. Its gave me a real appreciation of commenters and how skilled our own Ian Brannen is! My style is very different to most Looking at the comments I'm defo a marmite kind of person as I've had a lot of lovely comments and like yours not so good. Just wondering if i was to do another one again what could i improve on to be less Irritating? But don't worry it wont be too soon and ill be back in the Booth on Sunday in Newcastle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I was Birmingham I'd be doing everything I can to sign Anders Rowe. He looked class at Birmingham when I went 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

If I was Birmingham I'd be doing everything I can to sign Anders Rowe. He looked class at Birmingham when I went 

Not too difficult though when his reserve opponents on the night were Roynon & Pearson who were both way off the pace...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, piepower said:

Hi Scotty , Thanks for tuning in last night. Ill be honest it was my first go on the BSN commentary as the team and i thought we would give it ago to see what happens. As it happens i did make a few mistakes here and there and sometimes probably came out with wrong phase, I think even i under estimated how hard it is to comment on Live speedway as it happens so fast. Its gave me a real appreciation of commenters and how skilled our own Ian Brannen is! My style is very different to most Looking at the comments I'm defo a marmite kind of person as I've had a lot of lovely comments and like yours not so good. Just wondering if i was to do another one again what could i improve on to be less Irritating? But don't worry it wont be too soon and ill be back in the Booth on Sunday in Newcastle.

Really good that you've come back on this. 

My first time on BSN too so I didn't know it was your first time. So in that case I can cut you some slack! 

I think a lot of commentators feel the need to talk/chat constantly rather than think about what to say and then pitch in with words of wisdom. I'm sure nerves are probably the reason for most of that. 

So spare a few seconds to think about what you're saying and then you're likely to get most things right. I suppose I would compare with how Picko does it with Kelvin on Eurosport. 

But your regular comments about the lack of water were spot on - pity they didn't listen to you! 

But all in all I enjoyed the stream - keep it up. 

But for a first timer you did okay! 

• Like 2

Anders Rowe has always done well at PB when I've seen him there....I think he beat an inform Tom Bacon in the past.

He's very competent if he makes the gate.

Still, I can't see us signing him....I think Pearson will be here for the season, regardless of performances/scores.....that's not a criticism of James...he's got a great future ahead of him.

He's already halfway there, as his gating ability is very evident.

8 hours ago, IanBrannan said:

To be fair, the graphic on screen at the time said 40-45 so whilst wrong, the sentiment was correct ;) 

I hadn't noticed the graphic. I assumed you guys were using a programme. 

Fair point then.