British Speedway Forum
Petecc

Birmingham v Edinburgh 08/06/22

4 hours ago, HGould said:

Parts of Birmingham had extremely heavy flash spells of 5-10 minutes torrential rain during the morning / afternoon. It was very localised but had they have had a couple of those they would have been marginal in terms of having the meeting on.

There are occasions when you are damned if you do and damned if you don't and on this occasion to have significantly watered during the day would have been a massive risk.

That's fair enough - didn't know that. 

But maybe regular light spraying from the beginning might have helped? 

A couple of of light sprays in the second half of the meeting didn't seem to have any impact. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

That's fair enough - didn't know that. 

But maybe regular light spraying from the beginning might have helped? 

A couple of of light sprays in the second half of the meeting didn't seem to have any impact. 

The track was drenched with water before the start, but warmth and a drying wind negated that.

Anyway, we were never going to prosper in Heats 13 and 15, against the best rider in the PREMIERSHIP! And the sixth best ... Plus the latest wonder boy who was given seven rides ...

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

Anyway, we were never going to prosper in Heats 13 and 15, against the best rider in the PREMIERSHIP! And the sixth best ... Plus the latest wonder boy who was given seven rides ...

We're not prospering against any team atm....we are very poor....

Nielsen is the only saving grace.

Not sure what can/will happen from here on....we need to face Newcastle ASAP, otherwise it will become a record of home defeats before too long.

Apologies for sounding negative, but it seems to be reality!

P.S Not sure I would call 10 points from 7 rides 'wonder boy' scoring?!  may be.... 'weak opposition' ?!

Edited by GiveusaB

The crowd was poor again last night, the weak team & run of defeats would already be appear to be having an impact.

Worrying times to be a Brummies fan sadly, I can't see us running again next year unless we can somehow turn things around and get the crowds up significantly.

4 hours ago, piepower said:

Hi Scotty , Thanks for tuning in last night. Ill be honest it was my first go on the BSN commentary as the team and i thought we would give it ago to see what happens. As it happens i did make a few mistakes here and there and sometimes probably came out with wrong phase, I think even i under estimated how hard it is to comment on Live speedway as it happens so fast. Its gave me a real appreciation of commenters and how skilled our own Ian Brannen is! My style is very different to most Looking at the comments I'm defo a marmite kind of person as I've had a lot of lovely comments and like yours not so good. Just wondering if i was to do another one again what could i improve on to be less Irritating? But don't worry it wont be too soon and ill be back in the Booth on Sunday in Newcastle.

You can blether on as much as you like lad. Myself and most others are just so very grateful to BSN for the coverage of meetings we can’t get to. Things will go wrong in a live broadcast but at least BSN are learning as they give it a go.

It was great of Sam & Josh to comment on what a boost it is to their families Back home too. I don’t think they will mind you getting a few wee things wrong

• Like 2

Did not get heat 15 ,  also do not record last digit.

H 1  58.9   2  60.8   3  60.5   4  60.1   5  59.8   6  60.7   7  61.0   8  61.7   9  60.5   10  61.5   11  61.4   12  61.6   13  61.3   14  61.4   15  ?

Edited by Bluenose
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluenose said:

Did not get heat 15 ,  also do not record last digit.

H 1  58.9   2  60.8   3  60.5   4  60.1   5  59.8   6  60.7   7  61.0   8  61.7   9  60.5   10  61.5   11  61.4   12  61.6   13  61.3   14  61.4   15  ?

Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

If I was Birmingham I'd be doing everything I can to sign Anders Rowe. He looked class at Birmingham when I went 

Scored a maximum for Stal Gorzów u24 team the other week in Poland too. Slightly better opposition there than Roynon & Pearson.

4 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

You can blether on as much as you like lad. Myself and most others are just so very grateful to BSN for the coverage of meetings we can’t get to. Things will go wrong in a live broadcast but at least BSN are learning as they give it a go.

It was great of Sam & Josh to comment on what a boost it is to their families Back home too. I don’t think they will mind you getting a few wee things wrong

Have to agree,here, yes you made a few mistakes with names (paul) however who doesnt? 
i thought you were rather funny, the Cha Cha slide about the riders gardening I found hillarious and as said before you were spot on about the watering, and the cups of tea comment, ill never forget lol

but bsn has really brought a new era to chanpionship speedway to people who cant always make it to every meeting so that is wondwrfull and ye, keep up the good work folks

• Like 2

9 hours ago, piepower said:

Hi Scotty , Thanks for tuning in last night. Ill be honest it was my first go on the BSN commentary as the team and i thought we would give it ago to see what happens. As it happens i did make a few mistakes here and there and sometimes probably came out with wrong phase, I think even i under estimated how hard it is to comment on Live speedway as it happens so fast. Its gave me a real appreciation of commenters and how skilled our own Ian Brannen is! My style is very different to most Looking at the comments I'm defo a marmite kind of person as I've had a lot of lovely comments and like yours not so good. Just wondering if i was to do another one again what could i improve on to be less Irritating? But don't worry it wont be too soon and ill be back in the Booth on Sunday in Newcastle.

Sorry maybe should have quoted this post but look above for what i said paul.

• Like 1

Can't Pearson pick up a team slot in the lower division?, the kid looks shot to pieces at Birmingham, it's a shame because there is obviously potential but Brum can't tap into it for some reason, Rowe would be an excellent choice but will or can the Brummies afford it, Auty supposed to be back sometime in July, Vissing I don't think will see the season out, very worrying times for Brum and the fan numbers are dwindling, on recent performances we would be hard pressed to beat Newcastle who many say are the weakest team in the league, over to you Laurence Rogers, 

8 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Anders Rowe has always done well at PB when I've seen him there....I think he beat an inform Tom Bacon in the past.

He's very competent if he makes the gate.

Still, I can't see us signing him....I think Pearson will be here for the season, regardless of performances/scores.....that's not a criticism of James...he's got a great future ahead of him.

He's already halfway there, as his gating ability is very evident.

I would rather have James over shanes, Just never liked shanes.. Becker should be available, then promoters need to put hands in pocket if they want play offs 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Brummies23 said:

I would rather have James over shanes, Just never liked shanes.. Becker should be available, then promoters need to put hands in pocket if they want play offs 

Not a chance of the play offs, damage already been done.