British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich 09/06

Well done Ippo. Too many things didn't go our way tonight but that's speedway. Some away wins needed now! 

• Like 1

Great win from the boys. When we finally get a full team and everyone fires as they can then we are a match for any team despite some writing us off a few weeks ago!

and without doubt we finally have a number 1 who has to be the best in the league by far.

Edited by stu219
  • Like 1

Barker doing a great job for the witches in place of helps.

• Like 1

On the evidence of recent results achieved Cameron Heeps really was holding the witches back 

And that ladies and gentlemen is what happens when you have a real number 1.   And good on Barker for yet again proving his worth

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

And that ladies and gentlemen is what happens when you have a real number 1.   And good on Barker for yet again proving his worth

Yes Ben ,after a dodgy start when many were questioning the wisdom of signing him to replace heeps is proving to be a vital member of the team.

Those who were saying we were wooden spoon contenders not saying so much now hey?

Apart from Peterborough there is little to chose from the other 5 teams but I feel we have not reached our full potential yet.

lets hope the injurys keep away from our 7 for a change..

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Just imagine how good our team could be had we built it to the limit 

Who would you have changed from the team we have now? 

Edited by stu219

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Just imagine how good our team could be had we built it to the limit 

There's still time......

5 minutes ago, stu219 said:

Who would you have changed from the team we have now? 

Well originally I wouldn't have had Heeps, but a 7 pointer in his place,,, but on our last change I would have gone for Barker and Klindt over Heeps and Batch. 

We will never know if that would have worked as well. 

One thing with Batch,, his scores normally go 3310 or 3210,, not ver often 0133 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

Lawson was bad tonight. Track was to grippy with Buster away... But well done the Witches

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Well originally I wouldn't have had Heeps, but a 7 pointer in his place,,, but on our last change I would have gone for Barker and Klindt over Heeps and Batch. 

We will never know if that would have worked as well. 

One thing with Batch,, his scores normally go 3310 or 3210,, not ver often 0133 

Thats fair enough but what 7 pointer?

Were there any available that were in the budget the club could afford. I dont know.

And who is to say Klindt even wanted to sign? 
Its easy for us arm chair followers who do not have to balance the books to think it should be done different. 
lets enjoy the team we have as for once we actually have a very competitive team who still have room for improvement

4 hours ago, TTT said:

Ipswich +4 are 5/4 if you fancy it

Ta for that . Nice easy profit from my 20 quid bet!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stu219 said:

Thats fair enough but what 7 pointer?

Were there any available that were in the budget the club could afford. I dont know.

And who is to say Klindt even wanted to sign? 
Its easy for us arm chair followers who do not have to balance the books to think it should be done different. 
lets enjoy the team we have as for once we actually have a very competitive team who still have room for improvement

All I'm saying is look how good it could possibly have been,,, know one knows who was or wasn't available,, but you would think there may have been someone instead of Heeps or poss Starke before the season started, getting us closer to the limit. 

Im a person that always wants better,,, I can't help who I am 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 2