British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v REDCAR (KO Cup) plus NJL (Academy v Tees-side Tigers) July 16th 7pm

8 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Just seen score. Ouch. 

That's being kind :sad: 

Just gonna have to take it on the chin and hope the week off can give a chance for bikes to be repaired and aches settle down! 

Edinburgh next week in the league so hopefully things are in order by then! 

Obviously a good time to ride against a weakened Bandits team but still a good performance from the Bears.

PS if we could have Berwick Kasper every week the Bears would be a threat to anyone.

Edited by Yearbyred

2 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Just gonna have to take it on the chin and hope the week off can give a chance for bikes to be repaired and aches settle down! 

One of them weekends all round. Shame when such big meeting like tonight when needed everything to go right 

18 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Well done to the Bears ,very good Team performance.Eric Riss was sublime.

Glad I was at St Andrews today.

Seen Berwick getting beat last night at Glasgow and that was bad enough.

Hopefully everyone back fit next week against Edinburgh 

4 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Glad I was at St Andrews today.

Seen Berwick getting beat last night at Glasgow and that was bad enough.

Hopefully everyone back fit next week against Edinburgh 

Unfortunately I was at them both.!!

• Like 1

Berwick`s near impossible task was made all the harder as in the early heats there was an inability to make any decent starts and when that failed an inability to make any passes on what looked to be a very peculiar track where the home riders struggled, in the later races Berwick did at least make a fist of things but by then the meeting and tie was virtually over. Again Berwick didn't  have to look far to find their share of bad luck with riders breaking down while in scoring positions etc but Redcar were way better and deserved their win.

With a KOC exit Berwick`s target for the rest of the season is a battle not to finish bottom of the Championship table, thankfully they are getting a bit of assistance just at the minute.  

• Like 1

Roughing up the start of the track didn't help Berwick hence why the tractors were out after heat two, always going to be tougher after Friday night, Redcar took full advantage from heat one, good luck to the Bears in the next round,only an outside chance of play offs, and that daft summer, Jubilee thing left,but sure the guys will give it a go .

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 8:42 PM, Bandits4eva said:

Is it not the Summer Cup or Jubilee Trophy depending what you want to call it.There again I might  be calling the Championship the League, only in Speedway!,,

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Is it not the Summer Cup or Jubilee Trophy depending what you want to call it.There again I might  be calling the Championship the League, only in Speedway!,,

My bad.. you're right!! We beat them in the league earlier on this year!