British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bluebee

Oxford v Newcastle 8th June

Well, I can't allow my new team to be ignored on here.  I think they have a match against some northern lot today. I'll stick my neck out and go for an away win!:D

Weather seems very variable here in the Cotswolds. I'm leaving getting a ticket until late afternoon as I doubt this will be a full house and want to avoid a last minute rain off. As  it will be my first visit (been abroad, honest) can anyone tell me whether its best to get a terrace ticket or an inside stadium. And also how long to get from the car park so I can plan my journey to arrive at the last minute.

Cheers

40 minutes ago, bluebee said:

Well, I can't allow my new team to be ignored on here.  I think they have a match against some northern lot today. I'll stick my neck out and go for an away win!:D

Weather seems very variable here in the Cotswolds. I'm leaving getting a ticket until late afternoon as I doubt this will be a full house and want to avoid a last minute rain off. As  it will be my first visit (been abroad, honest) can anyone tell me whether its best to get a terrace ticket or an inside stadium. And also how long to get from the car park so I can plan my journey to arrive at the last minute.

Cheers

It makes no difference, other than what entrance you go in. Once in you can sit or stand wherever you want

Should be an easy win for the Cheetahs. Scotty should be untroubled and Troy will be disappointed not to get double figures. Another chance for Heeps to show some form. 50-40 for me.

Reference the Unipart Car Park, it is about 10 minute walk from the stadium or you can get on the free coach from the car park. Enjoy your first visit of the new era. Having lost at home to Birmingham, I will avoid making any predicitions but would be hopeful of a win.Any more home losses will probably end what looks like slim chances of making play offs.

Thanks Rosie. About to book my tickets so hope the earlier downpour was a one off.  Should be a home win of course but I hope Newcastle make a fight of it. It's not my idea of a night out watching a hammering.

Oh b*****s.As soon as I booked tickets the heavens opened.

That's why I'm dubious about booking tickets in advance. I saw somewhere you can pay by card on gate? Due to visit on 22 June v Glasgow, bruv from Australia will be coming along.

After the initial 2000 capacity crowd looks like plenty of room now on terraces. Can't see why they're not allowing pay at gate as not everyone has smartphone or wants to pay online.

Edited by auntie doris

56 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

That's why I'm dubious about booking tickets in advance. I saw somewhere you can pay by card on gate? Due to visit on 22 June v Glasgow, bruv from Australia will be coming along.

After the initial 2000 capacity crowd looks like plenty of room now on terraces. Can't see why they're not allowing pay at gate as not everyone has smartphone or wants to pay online.

But if you paid on the gate surely you're in the same boat. Meeting postponed and you have a tiny paper ticket to keep hold of for entry/reduced price to another meeting. With the App it's the same situation but if you get refunded no doubt a lot easier for all concerned.

To be fair this is the first Speedway meeting where I've had an online ticket which has been abandoned. 

So I don't know if it's an automatic refund

Money off next match you purchase

Free or reduced price entry to the rerun of the fixture.

I heard someone saying on the way out people would be automatically refunded. I've not had an email as yet or anything to confirm this though, anyone else?

Just now, SpeedwayTShirts said:

I heard someone saying on the way out people would be automatically refunded. I've not had an email as yet or anything to confirm this though, anyone else?

The club have put on Facebook that everyone should receive an email by 1pm.

• Like 1

Tickets are automatically transferred to the next match vs Glasgow on 22nd June and there's a link in the email to follow to arrange a refund if you cannot attend that day

Just now, Triple.H. said:

Tickets are automatically transferred to the next match vs Glasgow on 22nd June and there's a link in the email to follow to arrange a refund if you cannot attend that day

Unlike Birmingham who gave a pathetic £8 off after their early abandonment.

9 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Unlike Birmingham who gave a pathetic £8 off after their early abandonment.

I don't know what the refund/reduced admission process is. I know its a sliding scale based on number of races held, but the trigger points and cost are a mystery 

30 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

I don't know what the refund/reduced admission process is. I know its a sliding scale based on number of races held, but the trigger points and cost are a mystery 

Birmingham's is £1 per heat not ridden (excluding heats 11-15). So 2 heats ridden, 8 not ridden = £8.

The 100% refund policy at Oxford means we are effectively getting £3 per heat not ridden between heats 5 & 10. (6×£3 = £18)

38 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Birmingham's is £1 per heat not ridden (excluding heats 11-15). So 2 heats ridden, 8 not ridden = £8.

The 100% refund policy at Oxford means we are effectively getting £3 per heat not ridden between heats 5 & 10. (6×£3 = £18)

I thought it was a policy agreed by all clubs

Silly Me