British Speedway Forum
cinderfella

Glasgow v Scunthorpe 12th June 2023

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Can they not delay it into an evening meeting? Would that be enough time to dry it out? Though I guess it depends on how sunny and windy it is? 

If the weather allowed, in theory, yes. But does become problematic for attendees.

1 minute ago, Noelinho said:

If the weather allowed, in theory, yes. But does become problematic for attendees.

Yes, that did enter my mind and fans hate waiting around to see if a meeting is going to called off or not! I did see a photo of the track on twitter and does look quite wet! 

17 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Can they not delay it into an evening meeting? Would that be enough time to dry it out? Though I guess it depends on how sunny and windy it is? 

6 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

For those that want to stay & those that have travelled, probably otherwise discount/ free entry at another meeting.

Due to start at 5 & crowd getting angry is the quote on updates. Officials & riders are already there so probably willing to give it a go.

5pm start now, I'm no hanging around. Can't predict the showers so no hassle aimed at promotion but I've no got 5 hours spare to sit around

• Like 1

Hmm prob go the same way as the Wolves meeting on Monday where do half a lap and call it off! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Streams are almost exclusively bought by away fans who cannot travel to the meeting.  With, for example. 100 watching, that's £1200 per meeting of extra income.  If you're spending over £1200 per meeting on the production of the stream, then you're doing something wrong. 

I thought the streaming they did last year could only be viewed outside a 25 mile radius of Glasgow,so aimed more at opponents supporters than home fans.

2 minutes ago, Derrickn said:

I thought the streaming they did last year could only be viewed outside a 25 mile radius of Glasgow,so aimed more at opponents supporters than home fans.

You're thinking of Edinburgh.

Just now, Noelinho said:

You're thinking of Edinburgh.

Thanks for the correction,but if the Monarchs can do it,why not Glasgow. I think Plymouth and Poole use the same production company to reduce costs,but I don't know how many people tune in to their streams.

Rain forecast for 5. The new start time. :rolleyes:

Unsure how a 30-45 minute shower has caused this much damage to the track. Track covers could have been used in this circumstance, surely.

It has not rained once since quarter past 2.

There needs to be a cut-off time for a meeting to get started: suggest if delay is more than an hour the match is postponed. Last year I stood around at Kings Lynn watching Buster relay the track but the riders still said no. 

I think from now on the policy will be if it's rains even for a second on the they will postpone the match for another date so rubbish like this stops from happening. Basically a no risk attitude. Been so lucky at Leicester this year with only one postponement. We've basically nearly completed our championship home matches. 

4 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

I think from now on the policy will be if it's rains even for a second on the they will postpone the match for another date so rubbish like this stops from happening. Basically a no risk attitude. Been so lucky at Leicester this year with only one postponement. We've basically nearly completed our championship home matches. 

If you call off matches in June for a spot of rain, then you'll be racing these fixtures in a wet October, not able to cancel them as there's no dates left!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

If you call off matches in June for a spot of rain, then you'll be racing these fixtures in a wet October, not able to cancel them as there's no dates left!

Yeah and be quick to moan when Leicester have to wait for everyone else to complete their meetings!