British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Poole v Leicester 08/06/22

That Lawson interview just highlights the pressure the club has to produce success. If my club Leicester lost at home we just simply put our hands up and say we lost to the better team 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

That Lawson interview just highlights the pressure the club has to produce success. If my club Leicester lost at home we just simply put our hands up and say we lost to the better team 

Which is exactly what Middlo, Matt and Danny Ford and Danny King(Capt) said .....on the night!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Least you didn't call me any names this time....Oh you did, pathetic.

I didn't call you any names, I said exactly what you are.  A troll.

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

He's hardly going to come out and say we're going to make a habit of it :rofl:

I’m almost certain we have heard this sound bite before from Richard whilst riding for his ex parent club.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

I didn't call you any names, I said exactly what you are.  A troll.

A grown woman acting like this pathetic.

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Hope you've all made the most of our little blip as apparently it isn't going to happen again.

In Bournemouth Echo. By Dan Rose.

PIRATES star Richard Lawson sent his apologies to the Wimborne Road faithful, after the club’s phenomenal unbeaten home record came to an end.

The Dorset outfit were beaten 47-43 on their own patch by SGB Championship leaders Leicester Lions – their first home setback in 1,008 days.

Lawson himself impressed with 13 paid 14 from his five rides – only losing to an opposition rider on one occasion.

But with others failing to fire elsewhere, the experienced British racer insisted a home defeat would not be repeated.

Addressing the crowd after the meeting, 36-year-old Lawson said: “It was very difficult. Our apologies to everyone. We were trying, we tried everything and some things just didn’t go our way.

“But we will learn from it and, make no mistake, we won’t repeat this.

“It’s given us a kick up the backside, to be fair. We know what to do and what not to do. This isn’t going to happen again – don’t worry.”

Pirates are now eight points behind Leicester in the league table.

“We’re a good team and we are going to be fighting for that top spot. This isn’t anything major, just a blip,” said Whitehaven-born Lawson.

“I personally learn more from the races I lose – what not to do and what to do – and as a team we lost.

“We will learn from that and come back better and stronger.

“I can’t speak highly enough of this club. It’s absolutely amazing. The fans, it’s a pleasure to race in front of you every week.

“The promotion, the guys in the pits, the track staff. Just everyone – it all gels together and it’s like a family, it’s great.

He had the same script at Plymouth at the end of season :blush:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

A grown woman acting like this pathetic.

Troll. I suggest you need to look up the definition...

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Hope you've all made the most of our little blip as apparently it isn't going to happen again.

My father and I came down to this meeting and we brought with us a speedway 'newbie' who expected us to win after we had talked our beloved Pirates up so much.  After the meeting he said "maybe next time, bring me along when you're riding against a bottom of the table team." :rofl:

Anyways, we blame him for the loss....the newbie jinx and all that :party:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chris4gillian said:

My father and I came down to this meeting and we brought with us a speedway 'newbie' who expected us to win after we had talked our beloved Pirates up so much.  After the meeting he said "maybe next time, bring me along when you're riding against a bottom of the table team." :rofl:

:D

Done bottom of the table already! Maybe vs Scunny then! ;)

Do not bring them vs Glasgow though! :P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

:D

Done bottom of the table already! Maybe vs Scunny then! ;)  

Do not bring them vs Glasgow though! :P

if scunthorpe can beat glasgow so can we!!!!!! :t: more worried about plymouth than glasgow though 

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

if scunthorpe can beat glasgow so can we!!!!!! :t: more worried about plymouth than glasgow though 

That's what I mean. They can come against Scunthorpe if C4G thinks they might be a bit of a jinx! Glasgow one not so clear cut. Plymouth one will be interesting as we both have good top 5. Depends what Alfie, Ben and Harry do for them I think. The no7's are best friends, so lots of friendly rivalry there! I'm assuming Harry is at 7 and Ben at 6?!

8 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Hope Peter kay doesn't read this, he'll be pinching it for his stand up.

33 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Hope Peter kay doesn't read this, he'll be pinching it for his stand up.

At least I introduced a newbie to speedway and that's exactly what the sport needs....what's your contribution?  Trolling.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chris4gillian said:

At least I introduced a newbie to speedway and that's exactly what the sport needs....what's your contribution?  Trolling.

No, I sponsor a rider.

56 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

No, I sponsor a rider.

And then you woke up.....

And started trolling again.