British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Poole v Leicester 08/06/22

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Thread starter got banned apparently means their threads get banned too! lol

Only one Poole fan has said anything critical about Drew. Most of the comments are from other clubs fans. 

If your referring that i said he got banned then the question mark at the end indicates i was just questioning  if this was the reason the thread had been removed not the actual reason why

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Where did the original thread go?

Poole are always going to lose if one of the power three has a stinker because they've built a top heavy team that relies on the power three putting up over 30 every week. Harsh to blame Kemp for the defeat imo. 

agree top heavy teams will always lose some where along the line .younger members of thr team  will not always pick up the lost points 

Poole with the top three of Lawson Worrall + King probably anticipate 35+ per meeting then a second string and a reserve chip in with expected returns for victory. 

As stated on Eurosport Danny King is struggling with machinery at the moment and Drew Kemp's form has fallen at reserve,  counter that with an inform Lions team with three strong heatleader's and Dan Thompson's exploits at reserve and a deserved victory. 

I am sure that Poole will bounce back and these two sides will both be competitive in the play-offs. 

• Like 1

Just for the anoraks out there, I am guessing there cant have been another team meeting that saw the two teams between them field three sets brothers, two of them being twins.

5 minutes ago, screm said:

Just for the anoraks out there, I am guessing there cant have been another team meeting that saw the two teams between them field three sets brothers, two of them being twins.

Let me look into that (yeah, the twins might be an issue)...

Edited by chunky

6 minutes ago, chunky said:

Let me look into that (yeah, the twins might be an issue)...

If you come up with the stats that beats the line ups at Poole last night you are indeed the King of the anoraks, and all credit to you.

1 minute ago, screm said:

If you come up with the stats that beats the line ups at Poole last night you are indeed the King of the anoraks, and all credit to you.

Well, I have been called a 'king anorak before!

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Depends if Paul have picked their dummys up or not, such bad cheating losers.

Yeah, we cheated yet again last night didn't we? Utter eejit as always :t:

12 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Yeah, we cheated yet again last night didn't we? Utter eejit as always :t:

Don't worry we won't see him anymore till Paul lose again :t:

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Don't worry we won't see him anymore till Paul lose again :t:

We won't be seeing him much at all then :party:

And it's Poole (not Paul)....don't lower yourself to 'it's' level Art :t:

3 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

The earlier comments I made about Kemp are an observation not a criticism. 

I am sure the Fords signed him as an up and coming rider who did a great job when he signed for Edinburgh after Eastbourne's demise. I am sure they expected to at least sign that rider which would easily have allowed Nathan to find his feet with hope he would score a bit more as season progressed.

They guy obviously has the potential as neither Poole or Wolves would have signed him. There were some negative comments at first that maybe he would not push on but early doors he laid that to rest with decent scores for both clubs. It has to be a bit of a concern coupled with Danny struggling which most unlike him.

The good news is we will almost certainly qualify for the play offs later this season. Doesn't matter if you finish top or not as Poole's strength was being best over 2 legs. Our reserves were a bonus last season but as it stands getting next to no points at home and possible away could be a problem, especially if Danny doesn't start getting back to double figure scores regularly.

With little money in the sport now I think Poole's options may be limited anyway if they do need to reshuffle later as little available (if anything here) and bringing riders over from abroad with equipment supply etc not easy.

I sincerely hope Drew can resolve the issues and get back to scoring and showing what we know he is capable of producing in both Prem & Champ. Also relieves things for Nathan to develop in his own time. Getting 3-3 in reserves races so much better than getting hit 1-5 especially if heat one doesn't go our way.

Poole's current team average is 2.52 points above the 42.00 team building limit.

Nathan is a long term prospect and if replaced (he won't be imo) then what other 2 point rider would do better. Changing more than one rider at the same time would mean Poole would have to lose at least 2.52 points - best to stick with imo.

Poole and Plymouth are the only 2 clubs using a 2 pointer at number 7. All other clubs have 4 or 5 point reserves so its a difficult challenge for any 2 pointer new to the Championship.   Drew is not currently fully fit and probably lost a bit of confidence in recent weeks compared to his earlier season scores, BUT Poole only lost by 4 points so its not a major problem as long as they can get the starts back to earlier standards.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chris4gillian said:

We won't be seeing him much at all then :party:

And it's Poole (not Paul)....don't lower yourself to 'it's' level Art :t:

Paul 3 man team very beatable, deluded and boring as ever. 

14 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

:icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown:

2 hours ago, screm said:

Didnt Glasgow Tigers have a couple of meetings at Hampden Park with two Templetons, two McMillans and two Beatons (plus Charlie Monk) in their team?

However, the match you really want is Barrow (two Owens, two Sheldricks) against Berwick (two Templetons) on June 25th, 1974.  

But no twins, l agree

You're welcome.

33 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Trackprat, 1 man team, very stupid, deluded and boring as ever.  

Edited for accuracy :t:

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 2