British Speedway Forum
justathought

LEICESTER v PLYMOUTH 11-6-22 : 6.30pm

The point is that it's a good thing gives away fans a chance to watch their team if they can't make it in person. Plus, it is actually 2022.The way people consume entertainment has changed.

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Do clubs make any profit from streaming? Be interesting to know!

I would imagine they get a percentage of the income generated from the stream.

2 hours ago, justathought said:

I would imagine they get a percentage of the income generated from the stream.

At Leicester they definitely would, the promotion seem to want to put minimum effort in for minimum reward

• Haha 1

Leicester got Jason Edwards instead of Connor Coles today. According to Leicester twitter account.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Leicester got Jason Edwards instead of Connor Coles today. According to Leicester twitter account.

Connor Coles the Lion Cub looking to progress into the senior team who will already be there to ride in the 2nd half of a double header to save costs? 

36 minutes ago, iainb said:

Connor Coles the Lion Cub looking to progress into the senior team who will already be there to ride in the 2nd half of a double header to save costs? 

I'm a fan of Connor and consider him a prospect for the future. But tonight is a key fixture. Despite Leicester's recent form, they'd be mad to underestimate the Gladiators. Especially as they field Hans Andersen and guest, Scott Nicholls, both of who know their way around the Leicester track. 
There are no certainties in this game, but Jason has to be good choice.

Jason will score nowt now and Connor will top score for the Cubs. :icon_smile_clown:

20 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I'm a fan of Connor and consider him a prospect for the future. But tonight is a key fixture. Despite Leicester's recent form, they'd be mad to underestimate the Gladiators. Especially as they field Hans Andersen and guest, Scott Nicholls, both of who know their way around the Leicester track. 
There are no certainties in this game, but Jason has to be good choice.

Jason will score nowt now and Connor will top score for the Cubs. :icon_smile_clown:

Hmm... this year is Connor's 10th in the sport, so is probably due a testimonial, he's 28! I don't want to do the lad down but i don't think he's going to "make it". For me, Connor and riders like him should not be riding in NDL teams but should be riding in the main body of CL teams as a good club journeyman, instead CL teams prefer to use PL riders. Connor is not one for the future... he's one for now. 

Edited by iainb
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

Hmm... this year is Connor's 10th in the sport, so is probably due a testimonial, he's 28! I don't want to do the lad down but i don't think he's going to "make it". For me, Connor and riders like him should not be riding in NDL teams but should be riding in the main body of CL teams as a good club journeyman, instead CL teams prefer to use PL riders. Connor is not one for the future... he's one for now. 

Fair point.
Just glad I'm not a TM, eh?

• Haha 1

In case it's escaped your notice, Connor Coles will not be riding for the Lions after all tonight and Jason Edwards has been brought in instead.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PowerfulPierre said:

In case it's escaped your notice, Connor Coles will not be riding for the Lions after all tonight and Jason Edwards has been brought in instead.

I think that was exactly what the discussion was about :oops:

Edited by wtf
  • Like 1

Just makes you wonder what the point of a Cubs team is? That we're being asked to support tonight. What is the point of the Cubs team?

Edited by iainb

Got nothing against Connor Coles nor Jason Edwards but isn't this another case of a completely bent sport and completely bent management committee. 

Coles was booked and named in a 1 to 7. He is also booked in his actual NDL 1 to 7 for the second match. 

If he's injured or ill and not available for either then fair play, book the best available rider. 

If Leicester have suddenly decided Coles is good enough for NDL who after all are going to thrash a mainly MSDL Plymouth Team, but not good enough for their CL team, although he seems to be good enough Scunthorpe then frankly it sucks. 

Be interesting to know which on duty Management Committee member approved the late change. 

The sport deserves independent oversight, not a tawdry cartel. 

At Scunny last night Conor blew an engine and told our scorpions tv commentator about "thats all he needed with a double header coming up," with him accepting a guest role he is within his rights to change his mind, No conspiracies, i quess the 2 discussed the situation and came up with Edwards and Conor stay for the cubs

• Like 2

Thank you for the clarificatiin

I'll go and put the humble pie in the oven 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HGould said:

Thank you for the clarificatiin

I'll go and put the humble pie in the oven 

He did say it was a "quess" which i guess is a guess