lisa-colette

Sheffield vs Wolves 9/6/22

44 minutes ago, lewy said:

Stefan neilsen out jake Allen  in.

Allen is a far better rider 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Hang fire on writing off the panthers. Changes afoot 

We're too far back now tbh. Just need to restore some pride.

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

We're too far back now tbh. Just need to restore some pride.

You are digging lol. Don't give it up

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

You are digging lol. Don't give it up

Massive ask to make up 12 points on 4th placed Sheffield imo. 

I'd be happy with 5 place and anything above that would be a bonus to me personally. As long as we rack up a bit of pride then I'll be happy.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I know Morris won H13 but from my sofa 133 miles away I'd have gone for Becker & Douglas. It'd been far too long since Worrall was out, schoolboy error putting a 2 in heat fifteen.

Morris only won Heat 13 because he was at the first bend before the tapes went up after a roller how the Ref missed it I have no idea.

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I know Morris won H13 but from my sofa 133 miles away I'd have gone for Becker & Douglas. It'd been far too long since Worrall was out, schoolboy error putting a 2 in heat fifteen.

Not for the first time Adams has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with his bizarre selections in heat 15.           But more worrying is where Drew Kemp goes from here,his Monmore form is OK,but on his travels hardly looks like picking up a point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Not for the first time Adams has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with his bizarre selections in heat 15.           But more worrying is where Drew Kemp goes from here,his Monmore form is OK,but on his travels hardly looks like picking up a point.

That's why Ipswich dropped him. Needs to concentrate on championship I think, walk before running. 

Edited by SPEEDY69

8 hours ago, TTT said:

After tonight it's pretty clear that Sheffield cant take Wolves over two legs so they'll want to avoid them at all costs when the play-offs come around.

Think we already have this season

The second masters gets on a fast track he dissapears, a tiny track merchant .

35 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Masters had bike issues in his first two

Bizarre selection by Adams in heat 15 though (not for the first time away from home) should have been Becker and Douglas 

Wolves will feel frustrated here. Any kind of contribution from Kemp and that’s more points on the board. Wonder if he’s on borrowed time..

Edited by Arch Stanton

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Unusual for Pete Adams , but i was thinking the same as you strange choice pairing for ht15

Edited by scoobydoo

I’ve said this before, but none of us know why certain riders are picked/not picked for heat 15. Many things can dictate selections that we’re just not privy too. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Wolves will feel frustrated here. Any kind of contribution from Kemp and that’s more points on the board. Wonder if he’s on borrowed time..

To be fair any kind of contribution form Masters and they could have won! he pulled up on the back straight in heat 1 when dicing for 2nd/third, and pulled up in his second ride. There is something about Owlerton and visiting no 1 riders right now as Fricke struggled in his first two last time also.

Good meeting close scoreline and some decent racing and passing - the track was graded early after heat 7 and it was noticeable that after that the passing was more frequent. Last heat decider and a home win will keep the Sheffield fans happy just! - whilst Wolves will rue to 'one that got away' maybe.

Edited by GeneralMelchett

2 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Seeing as I was there an you were not ;) - I will confirm that he pulled up in his opening 2 - not what you want from your no 1 but he was dicing for 2nd / 3rd in heat 1.

Masters went from 3rd to 2nd to 1st then back to 2nd in heat 11 against Adam Ellis who was unbeaten at that time. Once he sorted his bike out he was competitive - however you don't want R and R from your no 1 in his first two rides away from home.

Edited by GeneralMelchett