Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Sheffield vs Wolves 9/6/22

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Unusual for Pete Adams , but i was thinking the same as you strange choice pairing for ht15

Becker and Douglas were both very good, however Worrall had reeled off 3 wins (beating Holder and Musielak) so I can understand his inclusion, Morris had had a 'flier" in heat 13 (against Holder and Ellis) but won it maybe they felt he could go again and do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter Adams has said Masters lost (or come off) his plug cap in heat 1. I am amazed they do not use an elastic band across the fins to keep it in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Morris only won Heat 13 because he was at the first bend before the tapes went up after a roller how the Ref missed it I have no idea.

Probably why the ref held the tapes a bit longer in heat 15 - Morris went straight through them!

Our little crowd were also baffled by Wolves rider selection for heat 15, Douglas and Becker seemed such an obvious choice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

The second masters gets on a fast track he dissapears, a tiny track merchant .

He usually goes very well at Sheffield, so that is not the case at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Wolves will feel frustrated here. Any kind of contribution from Kemp and that’s more points on the board. Wonder if he’s on borrowed time..

Now Sheffield have released Stefan Nielson with Jake Allen,wonder if he may be a decent bet for Wolves so that Kemp can concentrate on the Championship with Poole.Remember Nielson having a few good meetings against us when he rode for Swindon.      No idea if he fits in with the averages though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steve55 said:

Probably why the ref held the tapes a bit longer in heat 15 - Morris went straight through them!

Our little crowd were also baffled by Wolves rider selection for heat 15, Douglas and Becker seemed such an obvious choice!

Would you have gone with Jack and Adam  prior to the race after Tobi had looked best bet ? Jack and Adam have rode  together more but we thought Tobi was better option before the race. !!! I think wolves had 4 riders to pick from who’d won more races. Lucky for us it turned out good after looking very ominous. We need to be more ruthless if we going to win anything this season. All in all good win and 3 points 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Would you have gone with Jack and Adam  prior to the race after Tobi had looked best bet ? Jack and Adam have rode  together more but we thought Tobi was better option before the race. !!! I think wolves had 4 riders to pick from who’d won more races. Lucky for us it turned out good after looking very ominous. We need to be more ruthless if we going to win anything this season. All in all good win and 3 points 

No would have gone with Tobi, can only think that the long discussion they had before heat 15 was to sort out if Adam and Jacks heads were in the right place after heat 13

just shows why i am not the team manager

Feel sorry for Nielson, it just hasn't worked for him this season, but he deserved the chance after last season

 

Edited by The Third Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do too he was good last season upto his crash and doesn’t seem the same rider now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

I do too he was good last season upto his crash and doesn’t seem the same rider now

Interesting as he is just as good in the Championship this year as he was last season. Was vs Poole anyway, but maybe he wanted to prove he should be in the team. I think there is a bigger gap between the two leagues than people make out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel sorry for Stef as riding at 6 is very tough but he’s not seemed as fast or aggressive as when he joined last year. Not surprising after his smash. I just hope Jake can get back to form ASAP 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy