British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayPortal

Plymouth 'Centurions' vs Oxford 'Chargers' : National League : 14/06/2022

What Atkins did was the final slap in the face last night for me he should be ashamed, but I doubt he is I was there last night as much as Plymouth tried there just not good enough which is a shame I only see many more defeats coming and it’s not the lads fault, the young lad Killeen looked very good and it won’t be long before championship clubs will be looking at him at reserve.

8 hours ago, lewy said:

Have to agree, injury and riders with holding services has severely impacted the teams capability of being competitive. Atkins was on the victory parade with Oxford who I'm guessing is his new team.killeen was impressive and looks a good prospect. 

Guess Henry realised his actions had as much impact on the result as those that donned their Kevlar’s and rode! Classless act going on the parade lap. Stayed behind to applaud the Chargers as I thought they rode well. Would hate to think Henry thought my applause included him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Will be tougher tests to come for Killeen but thats quite a debut, shame he was given ht 15 (could/should have taken the paid max).

Why?  He's ambitious and wanted to see how he would fare against Bowtell.

Brilliant display from both reserves last night.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Why?  He's ambitious and wanted to see how he would fare against Bowtell.

Brilliant display from both reserves last night.  

I think you've hot a nail on the head there.

It's part of an Aussie DNA especially when they come here first to grab every opportunity and not to sit in a comfort zone. May be as they get older they get more pommified in some cases.

Killeen would have wanted to ride against the best on the night having done so well.

He's outshone Trigger on his home track who is current GB Youth 500cc champion, on his first appearance and just emphasises the massive potential Killeen has. 

3 hours ago, HGould said:

I think you've hot a nail on the head there.

It's part of an Aussie DNA especially when they come here first to grab every opportunity and not to sit in a comfort zone. May be as they get older they get more pommified in some cases.

Killeen would have wanted to ride against the best on the night having done so well.

He's outshone Trigger on his home track who is current GB Youth 500cc champion, on his first appearance and just emphasises the massive potential Killeen has. 

Whilst it was far from the toughest of opposition it was probably the strongest debut performance since Waj or Palin? Obviously bigger tests and tracks to come but Killeen looks like a promising rider at many levels. 

As for Plymouth built with a strong numer 1 eating a big chunk of averages and Atkins on a lower average means that problems will continue. Andrews is a shadow of his former self, Extance appears to be Exit and the performances of the 1-5 have nullified any improvements from Trigger. 

• Like 1

Now Oxford finally have Killeen on board & what a real talent he looks, do they now need Henry Atkins - I don't think so! or will Daddy buy his way in?

I can't believe Henry was on the Oxford victory parade, maybe he is his fathers son!