British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Aces v Wolves. Premiership A - 13/06

38 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Not bad…. Nice to see the couple of laughs it got buy know all know nothings got removed… 

Of course you knew ahead of time that Morris was going to get injured and withdrawn.

12 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Of course you knew ahead of time that Morris was going to get injured and withdrawn.

Made no difference… Morris final two rides got 3 points which is what he would of got 

• Like 1

Finally beat the nemesis. Happy with that. 

was the best meeting this year there. Some good fast close racing. Heat 13 was worth the money. 

peterborough sounded a cracker also. Shame Eurosport wasn’t at any of the meetings 

14 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Finally beat the nemesis. Happy with that. 

was the best meeting this year there. Some good fast close racing. Heat 13 was worth the money. 

peterborough sounded a cracker also. Shame Eurosport wasn’t at any of the meetings 

I wasn't there, so cannot disagree with you, but listening to Radio WM, it seemed mainly from the gate, with not much passing.

37 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Made no difference… Morris final two rides got 3 points which is what he would of got 

I think you mean would HAVE got.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

I wasn't there, so cannot disagree with you, but listening to Radio WM, it seemed mainly from the gate, with not much passing.

Didn't come across great on the radio then, was some great races, heat 13 was a classic all 4 riders together and went from a 5-1 to Wolves to 5-1 to Belle Vue. Plenty of other great races too. 

Was a really good meeting, heat 13 was fantastic.  I felt belle vue had a gear or 2 to give and should of won by more,  great win.

Best meeting I've watched for some time, some great races when four riders enter the back straight in lap one and "You could chuck an army blanket over them" and impossible to predict who will emerge in front entering turn 3.  Of course Matej Zagar missed it, he was superb and only troubled once by Becker in his final ride when the American almost sneaked through on the inside of the final turn.  In fairness to the Aces #3 I suspect the track had changed from his previous ride which is what caught him out.

Fricke's pass of Morrris in his 2nd ride was superb, forced him wide which allowed Etherigde through also, and the dive up in inside of Matsers to start the third lap in heat 13 was also impressive.  Masters managed to go from first to last somehow in that race.

Kurtz had a decent night but was outshone by the Aces two other heat leaders, Wright had a night to forget, strange fall in his second ride.  Etheridge needlessly gave away a point to Becker in his final ride.  Brennan was up & down, won heat 8, good battle with the Wolves reserves in heat 2 but couldn't get past Flint, while holding off Kemp.  Missed out on a point to Kemp later on when after diving under him entering turn 2 lost momentum as he lifted on the back straight.

Blodorn won heat 2 comfortably and was in the mix in heat 14 before his engine gave up.

For Wolves I thought Becker & Kemp deserved more points than they managed, Kermp really needs to learn to gate.  Masters & Worrall delivered the traditional away team 1-5 in heat 1 but then they didn't win a heat again for what seemed a long time as Aces dominated, grabbed a few 2-4's towards the end once the result was no longer in doubt.  Morris hadn't looked quick suspect injury R/R did as much as he'd have scored.  Why did tactical genius Peter Adams put a TS against Zagar?  Fool.  Douglas, Flint & Worrall did OK, Worrall will surely be disappointed to concede a 5-1 in heat 8.

Highways England obviously knew Wolves were at the NSS tonight, so many bloody lane closures (and reduced speed limit) on the M6!

No NSS premiership until July now, when the Aces look to restore some Roses pride.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Well this is dead boring gate n go.

Really? 

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Belle Vue are finally starting to do what I was expecting them to do ever since Zagar was signed (BEASTING)

Took a few meetings to get going but the team is now starting to click.

They weren't that good.  The customary 1-5 was coughed up in heat 1, although at least Fricke looked interested in passing a Wolf & tried as few different lines.  Wright had a night to forget, Etheridge & Brennan leaked a few points.  Would have put Fricke rather than Kurtz in eat 15 myself.

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

I have never listened to speedway on the radio, must be hard to commentate on, just watching I missed why Wright fell and I missed couple of "photo finishes" for a point in heats 10 & 12.  Tennis & Football on the radio I can follow, Rugby Union & Ice Hockey are impossible to explain on  a radio broadcast.

I think winning makes us see meetings different. I enjoyed heat 1 then was a bit bored upto the last 5/6 heats . The heats that were good were very good but there was a fair number from the gate races but we were getting well beaten

Similar to the Heathens at Mildenhall, I could never understand the great little race track comments. But we always got beat fairly easily there which probably went to me not getting it

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Well this is dead boring gate n go.

Yes, in the1960's, 70's and 80's, every race featured multiple overtakes on every single bend in every single meeting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

Yes, in the1960's, 70's and 80's, every race featured multiple overtakes on every single bend in every single meeting.

I was obviously on holiday when those meetings took place.

There was definitely more passing than there is today.

• Haha 1

And every meeting finished 40-38.......:D

2 hours ago, TINYS said:

There was definitely more passing than there is today.

The bikes were slower, if a heat is two seconds slower that is two more seconds that gives a passing opportunity 

10 hours ago, bruno said:

I think winning makes us see meetings different. I enjoyed heat 1 then was a bit bored upto the last 5/6 heats .

Heat 1 was OK, Fricke chasing the Wolves duo, heat 2 was better with Brennan battling the Wolves duo.  Heat 4 saw Brennan pass Morris on the run in to the line.  Fricke passing Morris in heat 6 was a great move.  Next time you visit you could ask Zagar to be slower out the tapes if you want?

Edited by Col
  • Haha 2