British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scoobydoo

Panthers v Tigers 13/06/22

16 hours ago, tellboy said:

I think it is shut from Wisbech to King's Lynn on the dual carriageway.That is what the signs said yesterday.It was shut the opposite on Thursday when we came home from Lynn.The way i would go,the old way for the ones who can remember not having the bypass there is Walpole,Terrington,Tilney.There are several ways to go missing out that part of the A47.I often go Tilney Fen End,St Germans to Saddlewbow road to watch the speedway,the scenic route:D

Thanks Tellboy, I've decided to not bother.  Appreciate your help,  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crazysue said:

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

I'm going and dont mind texting the updates no problem....

(if i can get from hotel to track and back)

20 hours ago, Mimmo said:

I know this might be a long shot question, but with the Highways Agency using their usual lack of intelligence, parts of the A47 are closed at night from 8.00pm onwards, which coincides with long running works at Sutton Bridge on the A17 with it's traffic problems.

Apart from hiring a helicopter, can anybody suggest a route from Peterborough to King's Lynn, without having to drive 15-20 miles out of my way please?

drive up to the road works, park your car, walk to the other side, hitch hike to the showground and then do the same in reverse?

It's a real ball ache, they used to wait until 10pm until they closed the country down for the night... now it seems it's 8pm!

38 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Palin not riding tonight due to personal reasons, Jenkins back in. 

Oh joy.  

Will he ride for Panthers again this year I wonder?

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Didn't take his temporary sacking well then.

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

Didn't take his temporary sacking well then.

Bit early to presume that, there may well be another reason...

14 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

True. Although he did ride for Scunthorpe yesterday. 

We can win this meeting tonight. I don't think we will but I do see a path to victory for us tonight.

The declining Cook & Allen with D. Thompson in for Mountain is a tail end that can be got at by our own declining riders imo. Ellis struggled in the Pairs meeting at our place so I don't think Sheffield will have it all their own way.

I'll say The Tigers will nick it by 4 but I wouldn't be shocked if we finally put some league points on the board tonight.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I think he scored 1 point for Scunthorpe so not exactly a big miss for Peterborough.

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

We can win this meeting tonight. I don't think we will but I do see a path to victory for us tonight.

The declining Cook & Allen with D. Thompson in for Mountain is a tail end that can be got at by our own declining riders imo. Ellis struggled in the Pairs meeting at our place so I don't think Sheffield will have it all their own way.

I'll say The Tigers will nick it by 4 but I wouldn't be shocked if we finally put some league points on the board tonight.

Be interesting to see how well Dan does in the Prem compared to the Champ. 

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I think he scored 1 point for Scunthorpe so not exactly a big miss for Peterborough.

Well yes, but my point was he turned up for that one! ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

you're gonna lose by at least 12 :unsure:

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

4 hours ago, Blupanther said:

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Could this be a bit of Panthers spin as when he was rested, it allowed him to travel to Poland for practice in the U24 League as posted on his fb page. He has had 2 low scores, by his standards, these last 2 weeks & dropped for Tuesdays fixture. Coupled with his low score yesterday for Scunthorpe, maybe his confidence is a bit low to put him back in at Premiership level. Remember, the boy is only 18.

• Like 1