British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scoobydoo

Panthers v Tigers 13/06/22

17 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Match result 45-45

Superheat 6-3

League Table Result 3-1

I can't understand why people don't take our sport seriously.

In cricket, they have a super over.

In NBA, they have overtime.

Kids don't like seeing draws. Speedway is modernising.

9 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

An absolute cracking meeting but not at all convinced the superheat added anything, 45 all would have still been a great result and everyone would have gone home happy.

The racing was very good especially the last 5 heats, it would have made Eurosport’s night to have had that on tv.

Would no go as far as to call it a cracking meeting but certainly  the last 5 heats got the heart thumping. Well done Panthers on a gutsy and determined performance which bides well for the future. Glad to see much improved performance from those rumoured to have been shown the door last week

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

I'm pleased Peterborough have won, but think this Superheat is a crazy idea.

Might as well have a penalty shoot out after every drawn football match.

I think it's brilliant..I was nearly as buzzing with that win as when we won the league...drama and excitement is what it's all about..what a gladiator Bomber is..and MPT can make it stick in the slick like no one else in the latter stages of meetings.

Edited by chrismorton
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Oh, okay.

1 minute ago, Andrew2021 said:

Biggest load of blx ever this draw thing. Wtf can't they just leave it alone.

Thank goodness my club isn't in the premiership. 

BassoRacingFan thinks different, and maybe he's right, but I agree with you.

We will have to see how many kids this genius idea brings through the turnstiles I guess.

At least Peterborough got a heat advantage which was good, getting a 5-4 coming 2nd and 3rd would be bit of a farce. Not sure why they don't just have 1v1 run off. 

23 minutes ago, Andrew2021 said:

Biggest load of blx ever this draw thing. Wtf can't they just leave it alone.

Next thing we'll have Mickey mouse Vs Donald duck races.,!!!!

50 years I've been going to Speedway and there has been some loopy rules but this is the cream.

Thank goodness my club isn't in the premiership. 

I like it....

From a distance. Don't want it in the Championship though :D

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rob B said:

At least Peterborough got a heat advantage which was good, getting a 5-4 coming 2nd and 3rd would be bit of a farce. Not sure why they don't just have 1v1 run off. 

Yes, that would be better. 

• Like 1

Would of been an interesting outcome in the superheat if Jack Holder had team rode, once he’d rode off and left Musieak on his own it was no surprise that Harris passed Musieak to take third.

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I think it makes it a more exciting finish - a bit like the final of the British Final or GP

But how is it more exciting than heat 15? Going into heat 15 both teams could win or there could be a draw!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I think it makes it a more exciting finish - a bit like the final of the British Final or GP

Not exactly the same, in those individuals you get a final regardless of the score. Maybe that'll be the next plan, after 15 heats have a super heat for the win - guaranteed last heat decider everytime lol!

Edited by szkocjasid

1 hour ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Football only have penalty shoot outs in finals.  Rugby codes are happy with draws.  Ice Hockey have a way to do it that works.  Nothing wrong with a 45-45 in speedway.  In 1989 Cradley drew with Belle Vue as a teenage Joe Screen ran rampant at Dudley Wood, never been so happy with a draw!

1 hour ago, chrismorton said:

I think it's brilliant..I was nearly as buzzing with that win as when we won the league...drama and excitement is what it's all about..what a gladiator Bomber is..and MPT can make it stick in the slick like no one else in the latter stages of meetings.

Winning a last heat decider which is no more than this was essentially is always a buzz.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Agreed.

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

But how is it more exciting than heat 15? Going into heat 15 both teams could win or there could be a draw!

It isn't.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chrismorton said:

But the draw was drama and excitement. Why should either team get another chance? A draw is a result.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Individual meetings have to produce a winner, that's why they have run-offs or finals.

If a draw in a league match isn't tense or exciting, then we might as well not bother.

• Like 1

I suppose the best thing about this new regulation is that it'll be all over the national news, and for the next Premiership matches there'll be 10,000 in attendance, hoping for a draw :party:

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Haha 4