British Speedway Forum

Any ideas when the tickets are available ?? 

Checked Belle Vue Aces and British Speedway websites' and can't find any details. 

as all teams have used chris harris at some point or another this season as a guest he will have to race every heat for every club they have decided to just hand him the title and save the money 

On 6/13/2022 at 6:54 PM, Hackett said:

Any ideas when the tickets are available ?? 

Checked Belle Vue Aces and British Speedway websites' and can't find any details. 

Nothing yet. Even the riders not been told what’s happening or anything. 

I know belle Vue are desperate to put tickets on sale but can’t until they know full details from BSP ltd. 

20 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Nothing yet. Even the riders not been told what’s happening or anything. 

I know belle Vue are desperate to put tickets on sale but can’t until they know full details from BSP ltd. 

Typical British Speedway. 

No line up yet but tickets went on sale this morning. 

Still waiting for Championship Pairs tickets at Oxford. Preferred pay at the gate at the OTA rather than a late scramble for tickets .

One thing I am curious about. Do the Brits, who choose to ride abroad only (Woffy, Bewley, Lambert) get invited to compete, or do they choose not to?

Depends if they are seeded - however this year I am not aware of any qualifiers taking place. So I guess it will all be by invitation. 

The 16 riders of Britain's best average wise (Premiership average) the Line-up should be

Tai Woffinden

Robert Lambert

Dan Bewley

Adam Ellis

Chris Harris

Danny King

Richard Lawson

Steve Worrall

Craig Cook

Kyle Howarth

Charles Wright

Richie Worrall

Lewis Kerr

Scott Nicholls

Paul Starke

Tom Brennan

------------------------------- (Next 3 in line if the big boys don't make it)

Ben Barker

Stefan Nielsen

Connor Mountain

Edited by Fozzie4388
  • Like 1

Looks like Tom Brennon 4.73 pips BB 4.69 going by Todays GSA's.

19 hours ago, RS50 said:

One thing I am curious about. Do the Brits, who choose to ride abroad only (Woffy, Bewley, Lambert) get invited to compete, or do they choose not to?

Read a quote from Bewley earlier in the season that he wants to ride and will have bikes in UK.

14 hours ago, Fina said:

Read a quote from Bewley earlier in the season that he wants to ride and will have bikes in UK.

Yes, I think he mentioned it during the GP, also Robert Lambert may also fancy it. It would be good to hear something from Tai, managed to ride in the Peter Craven Memorial.

Am I right in thinking that generally riders from other nations are "encouraged" to ride in their national championships or risk losing their licence?

I'm sure I remember somebody asking Lambert on social media last year why he wasn't in the British Final and his reply was that he 'wasn't asked'.

I know there is mixed opinions on the British lads who only race abroad, but to me that needs setting aside and the British Final should be our top riders regardless of which clubs they race for.  It would be very disappointing if some of our top riders want to take part and are excluded.

I dont know what stance other nations take, but if would not surprise me if some do as Iainb suggests.