British Speedway Forum

I'm inside the NSS, on the 4th bend. Water truck doing plenty of laps getting the water down :t:

Rain now from 9pm according to the Met Office, hopefully they get on with it as much as possible!

• Like 2

Just been chatting to Jan Staechmann on the 4th bend inside the NSS. Long Eaton Invaders Legend :t:

Top racer :t:

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Rain now from 9pm according to the Met Office, hopefully they get on with it as much as possible!

More chance that they'll delay the start due to queues to get in then fanny about with an overlong parade and only completed 10 races by the time it rains. These kind of meetings need referees trained by Mr Ebdon

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Just been chatting to Jan Staechmann on the 4th bend inside the NSS. Long Eaton Invaders Legend :t:

Top racer :t:

I think that Jan Staechmann would be a useful addition to the group of people presenting on Eurosport, maybe even the BSN

14 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

More chance that they'll delay the start due to queues to get in then fanny about with an overlong parade and only completed 10 races by the time it rains. These kind of meetings need referees trained by Mr Ebdon

With Eurosport starting broadcast at 7pm no reason 1st heat shouldn’t be starting dead on 7.30pm and then get on with it. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

With Eurosport starting broadcast at 7pm no reason 1st heat shouldn’t be starting dead on 7.30pm and then get on with it. 

I agree they need to get 2min at 7.28 and smash this through, no drawn out grading. Rain is going to hit at 9, 22 heats in 1.5hours is doable if they get on with it.

37 minutes ago, eric i said:

I agree they need to get 2min at 7.28 and smash this through, no drawn out grading. Rain is going to hit at 9, 22 heats in 1.5hours is doable if they get on with it.

Which they won't, as they'll want to get their ad breaks in.

That's without any start line shenanigans or any inevitable re-run's 

Edited by tyke

looking at the rainfall radar they'll be lucky to start let alone finish!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

looking at the rainfall radar they'll be lucky to start let alone finish!

8.30-9pm it’s due to arrive.

how many heats for a result, 12?

Phil Morris apologised about not having many ad breaks for son final due to weather. So they obviously don’t need to show all the ads. 

19 minutes ago, Rob B said:

8.30-9pm it’s due to arrive.

how many heats for a result, 12?

According to BBC there's  less than 40% chance of it at 21.00hrs, rising to 50% by 22.00, for me it doesn't exactly feel like it's going to pour down, so maybe they'll get lucky even if it starts with drizzle.

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Could Harris be on his way to Cardiff again ?

Would be great to see him get the spot, good servant to the sport.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, nw42 said:

According to BBC there's  less than 40% chance of it at 21.00hrs, rising to 50% by 22.00, for me it doesn't exactly feel like it's going to pour down, so maybe they'll get lucky even if it starts with drizzle.

I hope the BBC is correct but from my experience it's the least reliable forecast.

Met Office is the most reliable but u also av to add in the Manchester factor :(

Anyways, 5 mins & I'm making me way across to the NSS & I'm gonna try to put the sky to the back of me noggin!  :t:

C'MON LAWSON KING & STEVIE WORRALL :t:

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 1