British Speedway Forum

Think of all those birmingham fans now rushing to get tickets to see there number 1 at cardiff,oh hang on wait a minute

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Charles Wright never got a chance due to the pandemic did he? 
Absolute shambolic decision. 

Schlein.

Edited by TTT

1 minute ago, Panthers99 said:

For all these people saying its a crap decision....

Please come up with a solution which doesn't include rerunning before Cardiff as that clearly isn't a viable option.

I'm all ears.....

Brennan was only one to beat any other rider tied on 8. Also beat the rider who beat Harris. Sorted 

• Like 1

I don't see a problem with it, because young Adam is still the current British Champion...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Yes he did. You're thinking of Schlein

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So who gets next year's wildcard, the winner of the re-staging or next year's winner? Someone is still going to miss out.

2005 world U21 final was decided on the toss of a coin after Kasprzak and Suchanek had tied on points but hadn't met each other, and that was to decide a world champion! 

• Like 1

Ellis has no moral fibre in him. He was well beaten tonight and should have declined to accept the wild card when riders far better then him were more worthy of the nomination. He has no conscience and seemingly will screw anyone. I hope he can sleep at night.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Think of all those birmingham fans now rushing to get tickets to see there number 1 at cardiff,oh hang on wait a minute

Zmarzlik will be at Cardiff and he rode for Brum til they forgot to pay him! 

• Haha 4

Why hold the British Final so  close to the Cardiff GP if it been held say first Monday in July and it was a wet night plenty of time to re schedule it before Cardiff - piss up in brewery springs to mind - a total embarrassment on live tv and I feel for the fans in the stadium paying £20-£25 - do they get a refund ?

5 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

For all these people saying its a crap decision....

Please come up with a solution which doesn't include rerunning before Cardiff as that clearly isn't a viable option.

I'm all ears.....

Re arrange it for this week. 

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Wright rode at Cardiff in 2019

Why are people coming out with the usual nonsense about farce and so on by Ellis getting the wild card.

He is still the reigning British champion. It's a perfectly reasonable decision even if it's not what I would have preferred.

For me they should have known after heat 12 that the meeting was doomed and gone straight to either a 3 or 4 man final immediately.

Failing that, I think Brennen should have been declared the winner as he had beaten  Bewley. As Harris hadn't raced either it gave him a possible advantage points wise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OML said:

So who gets next year's wildcard, the winner of the re-staging or next year's winner? Someone is still going to miss out.

2005 world U21 final was decided on the toss of a coin after Kasprzak and Suchanek had tied on points but hadn't met each other, and that was to decide a world champion! 

Well not if Bewley wins and he's already in next years series.