British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Hawk127 said:

Ellis has no moral fibre in him. He was well beaten tonight and should have declined to accept the wild card when riders far better then him were more worthy of the nomination. He has no conscience and seemingly will screw anyone. I hope he can sleep at night.

Wow, he's not killed anyone.   It was said the riders were in agreement with it, maybe some weren't but either way I wouldn't blame Ellis, even though I don't rate him that highly as rider, he won it last year though and, based on tonight's situation where it was impossible to call a winner,  deserves the wildcard in my opinion.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Charles Wright never got a chance due to the pandemic did he? 
Absolute shambolic decision. 

He did .. He got 5 points in 2019 at Cardiff 

• Like 2

Just now, Grachan said:

Why are people coming out with the usual nonsense about farce and so on by Ellis getting the wild card.

He is still the reigning British champion. It's a perfectly reasonable decision even if it's not what I would have preferred.

For me they should have known after heat 12 that the meeting was doomed and gone straight to either a 3 or 4 man final immediately.

Failing that, I think Brennen should have been declared the winner as he had beaten  Bewley. As Harris hadn't raced either it gave him a possible advantage points wise.

That's the farce, if someone had 9 that would've been it, champion crowned no re-run and they would be off to Cardiff. Because they've not thought of a rule should this situation occur they've come up with some total cop and begged the FIM for help 

• Like 5

Would support bomber and tom if next season they pulled out ot next season meeting

• Haha 2

When  you think you have seen it all......keep the fans waiting in the pouring rain , then make a silly decision like that , I give up :icon_smile_clown:    

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

For all these people saying its a crap decision....

Please come up with a solution which doesn't include rerunning before Cardiff as that clearly isn't a viable option.

I'm all ears.....

I think maybe having some written down "in the event of" rules may help the situation somewhat...

You know. Like sports do....:D

I half expected Dan, Bomber and Tom to come out under brollies to the tapes and play "Rock, Paper, Scissors."..:D

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TTT said:

Should've started the racing at 7.00 with no parade or TV add breaks in order to push the meeting through.

Now we're in a right pickle.

There could still be Ad breaks as meeting continues while the Ad's are on and the TV coverage plays catch up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topaz325 said:

When  you think you have seen it all......keep the fans waiting in the pouring rain , then make a silly decision like that , I give up :icon_smile_clown:    

And then they wonder why so many have stopped attending 

• Like 1

I called this before the start, Ellis to Cardiff and British Championship rerun in October. It's the common sense decision and hopefully it won't be on Eurosport and will be on a Saturday night so I'll be more inclined to actually attend. 

What is unacceptable though is the inability of anybody to make a decision that I reached half an hour before the start. Again the fans are at the very bottom of anybody's concerns. Which is pretty much par for the course with the current and every other regime. 

Eurosport running their show as if no rain was forecast at all, despite everybody saying rain is forecast didn't help things either

Edited by iainb
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

He did .. He got 5 points in 2019 at Cardiff 

And that’s 4 more points than Ellis will get this year!!!

2 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Wow, he's not killed anyone.   It was said the riders were in agreement with it, maybe some weren't but either way I wouldn't blame Ellis, even though I don't rate him that highly as rider, he won it last year though and, based on tonight's situation where it was impossible to call a winner,  deserves the wildcard in my opinion.

Ellis is big enough to do the right thing. He did not and took advantage of the situation and for that reason he has no moral fibre. Others tonight deserve to go through. He does not and for that he is a scumbag.

No one was a winner tonight - Bewley, Brennan and Harris will obviously be disappointed, but the real losers again were the poor spectators who had to wait for the inevitable result in the rain, and most of all the sport itself  (again). 

How can they not have hard and fast rules in place for a meeting called off after 12 heats, it's not like it's the first time it's ever happened.

What would a casual tv viewer have thought of that I wonder?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

For all these people saying its a crap decision....

Please come up with a solution which doesn't include rerunning before Cardiff as that clearly isn't a viable option.

I'm all ears.....

And what's to stop them cancelling next week's Premiership fixtures and rerunning it next Monday night? 

2 minutes ago, FAST GATER said:

To coin a phrase " you could not make this up "

You can and they have

Edited by tyke