British Speedway Forum

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

I thought he said "some" riders

I think whatever the ultimate decision it wouldn't have suited  all riders or fans,  such an awful way to have to end a meeting which was shaping up quite nicely between the experienced Harris and definitely up and coming Brennan both on 8 points, along with Bewley already at Cardiff and a few other riders who were on at least 7 points probably weren't too happy either.   I understand why Ellis was ultimately given the Wildcard as he unfortunately missed out last year but personally I think in the circumstances a run off between Harris and Brennan before the first race at Cardiff would have given us fans a bit more to watch and cheer on our favourite.

Edited by hammer1969
wrong name typed
  • Like 1

correct decision made with Ellis, shame it took so long though

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Spiderman1 said:

British speedway is a circus,very unprofessional 

WHEN you have a big inner circle in speedway you can do anything,a quick call to Armando Castagna maybe through his son Paco and its all sorted ,done and dusted even though NO ONE BUT Castagna knows what he has done!!! .Speedway circle of friends and you can get anything done.!!!

What a shambles regarding Ellis, no way should he be going to Cardiff because of what he did last year. He will be an embarrassment there but so be it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gaz said:

Godfrey said it was unanimous decision.. yes ok Rob we believe you!

Yes but most of the BSPL committee would struggle to know how many votes make 6, its a case of 2 + 2 = yellow for most of them.

1 hour ago, screm said:

What a shambles regarding Ellis, no way should he be going to Cardiff because of what he did last year. He will be an embarrassment there but so be it.

So would Harris but people are going crazy over the fact its not him… only rider with an argument is Brennan 

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

What a ridiculous comment, that Ellis is a "scumbag" for accepting the wild card.

Is Bewley a "scumbag" for accepting a GB spot ahead of Kolodziej, Smolinski or Lebadevs who scored more in the GP Challenge?

Is Celina Liebmann a "scumbag" for accepting a SON2 wild card despite scoring less points than THIRTEEN other non-qualifiers in the qualifying rounds?

Is Tom Brennan a "scumbag" for accepting a SON squad position despite having a lower average in both the Prem & Champ than Charles Wright, Richard Lawson, Richie Worrall, Kyle Howarth, Danny King & Steve Worrall?

How many times did Harris get an undeserved wild card into the series? Didnt he also get the No16 once without actually earning it.. no moral fibre that man!! Scumbag  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

First of all. We all knew the rain was coming. Without the breaks after every 4 races we could have got to heat 16 I bet. Would have been less of a problem. 

they had less breaks for the son final because of the weather. Why not for the British final. 

leaving us standing there for 1 hour with no news what so ever is UNACCEPTABLE. We were all getting wet. 

regarding Ellis I kinda agree with the reason. But someone is going to miss out now whatever they do. 

lastly surely there is protocol for every situation so decisions can be made in quick sufficient time. But not. Not at BSPL. they will never learn. Shambolic organisation. 

quicker we get an independent body the better. 

first bit of rain we had this season. Bloody typical it was British final night. 

There was, a ballot but the riders didn't like that idea and they didn't stand up to them. Don't think the fans would have like that either! 

4 hours ago, speedwaysliders said:

WHEN you have a big inner circle in speedway you can do anything,a quick call to Armando Castagna maybe through his son Paco and its all sorted ,done and dusted even though NO ONE BUT Castagna knows what he has done!!! .Speedway circle of friends and you can get anything done.!!!

Surely the ACU representative (Tony Steele), consulted with the FIM member who just happened to be there (Tony Steele) and after much argument and disagreement a consensus was reached?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

A few weeks ago a friend of mine stated that as well as promoters fans are also contributing to the decline of British speedway......at the time I disagreed, however after reading all the negativity and nastiness on here and social media both last Thursday after the SoN semi and last night I think he is spot on. So many speedway supporters are utterly embarrassing, fawning over their favourite riders and unable to take a step back and look at situations objectively. Name calling, unpleasantness, bickering....its like the school playground.

The farting about while it poured last night was typical BSPL and unacceptable for the poor buggers there watching, but they eventually came to the least unsatisfactory decision.

I have not said anything nasty about Adam Ellis , I just dont agree with the outcome (it's a forum) its just messy and not just the weather, as said previously the biggest wrongdoing was to keep the fans hanging around in the rain for such a long time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

I have not said anything nasty about Adam Ellis , I just dont agree with the outcome (it's a forum) its just messy and not just the weather, as said previously the biggest wrongdoing was to keep the fans hanging around in the rain for such a long time.

But by the sounds of it the riders agree to ellis and no doubt realise the winner of this year will not get a wildcard spot next year as u say messy situation glad I didn't have to make the call 

Edited by mc131