British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilTheAce

6 team league

4 hours ago, RS50 said:

Appreciate the Nigel Pearson situation, but the official story on the website only mentioned stadium availability. 

Yes that’s just my thoughts on it. Stadium availability would have been sorted at beginning of season Id have thought. So it just seems a coincidence 

On 6/15/2022 at 8:49 AM, Falcon1983 said:

There are just too many issues with the way Speedway is currently in the UK, there is not one huge fix, its loads of little tiny fixes which need doing one by one and then as each one is undone it will divide the fan base etc. and nobody will ever be happy.

What would I like to see? I think there is too much emphasis on league racing, I understand it needs to stay as its been the backbone of British Speedway since the start, but just have league competitions, fans aren't really interested in other competitions they want to see their team make the play-offs and win them!  also foreign riders don't want huge fixtures and with the Polish rules relaxing somewhat, then it may entice a few big hitters over with the view of riding in a reduced calendar.

What I would like to see advertised as the main event of British Speedway is the introduction of the British Speedway GP Series, ran over 8 meetings, featuring 12 of the best domestic riders, each rider having 4 rides over 12 heats with the top 4 into a final, so 13 heats, I would also like to see a British Speedway GP2 Series run alongside it, featuring 8 of the best domestic riders in this category, each rider taking 4 rides over 8 heats with the top 4 riders going into a final, so 9 heats, overall thats 22 heats of Speedway across two different series.

British Speedway GP Championship
1 Charles Wright
2 Lewis Kerr
3 Richard Lawson
4 Richie Worrall
5 Danny King
6 Scott Nicholls
7 Tom Brennan
8 Chris Harris
9 Craig Cook
10 Kyle Howarth
11 Adam Ellis

Steve Worrall

British Speedway GP2 Championship
1 Connor Bailey
2 Jack Thomas
3 Joe Thompson
4 Drew Kemp
5 Dan Gilkes
6 Leon Flint
7 Jordan Palin
8 Dan Thompson

Try and do what the darts do with betting partners for each of the 8 rounds, generate some prize money to, funnily enough, reward British riders, and have this as a focal point, you are most likely going to get a "new" fan attend a one-off meeting especially if its promoted as a championship round or a grand prix, then its all about trying to then get them to a league match

Biggest problem with these individuals is 8 & 12 mam race formats don't work well. Sone riders meet twice, others don't meet at all. If you run an individual GP could go with top 16 averaged riders for each round?

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Biggest problem with these individuals is 8 & 12 mam race formats don't work well. Sone riders meet twice, others don't meet at all. If you run an individual GP could go with top 16 averaged riders for each round?

That is true or you just with luck of the draw with 12,  I just thought less riders could mean you could have both championships running the same night so to speak but then I dont think average joe punter would care for a GP2 series 

So you're right a 16 team individual would be the way to go