British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Gladiators 15/06

Hoorah, there's a bowser!

It is sunny now.

The traffic lights above the fence on turn 2 are quite distracting.

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Well, quite...guests-a-go-go. And for the foreseeable future too.

It seems that the Brummies fans were conned over the Ellisgate affair, and this "MissingVissinggate" is a blatant attempt to con the rest of the league, not to mention the fans. Some may consider it to be "cute" management, but to me a con is a con.

Are you pointing the finger at anyone in particular:unsure:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Well, quite...guests-a-go-go. And for the foreseeable future too.

It seems that the Brummies fans were conned over the Ellisgate affair, and this "MissingVissinggate" is a blatant attempt to con the rest of the league, not to mention the fans. Some may consider it to be "cute" management, but to me a con is a con.

Vissing gate, there were/are hardly any heat leaders wishing to ride in the Championship, Claus was one who was.   Danish clubs squad system was always a bit of a risk but one the club had to take to with no other options readily available and season rapidly approaching, be delighted to hear what you'd have done differently?. 

Ellis gate, no con intended, all concerned  hoped it would be for the season but logistically for both parties and financially for the club it couldn't carry on, no hard feelings from either party and his replacement has scored  well in the majority of the meetings, so I don't think anyone was intentionally conned, sorry if you feel that you were.  

• Like 1

Ok meeting I suppose, decent close racing early on but became processional.

Of the three Gladiators exclusions the only one I'm convinced was the correct decision was the second, Pearson got to the first turn ahead & clamped Morley. Morley took a nasty tumble locking up hard. The other two I didn't have a great view of... instinct would suggest Andersen deserved to go, Bowtell didn't.

Thanks to Josh Pickering for making the meeting a contest. Why you wanted to go off gate 2 in heat 15 I do not know!  Question is did he pass Nicholls in heat 13 before Nicholls bike packed up?

The only Brummie that can be satisfied with that performance is Neilsen. Ok bet he feels rough! two falls & a push for a point 

Shanes & Morris were down on their modus operandi of 2021, Sedgeman was poor - gated once, had 4 laps to pass a visiting reserve but never looked likely to do so.

Wells was anonymous.  Pearson gave a point away in heat 2 but can't expect much more.

Barker clearly knows the quickest way around PB still.  Andersen scored more than he probably deserved. Nicholls was good value, expect more from MPT. Bowtell & Morley did enough, Coles wasn't too far off the pace but never looked like scoring.

I won't be coming again.until I don't have to drive to Wednesbury to get on.the M6!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

plymouth look very very weak at reserve to me, if shanes cant get 7-8 tonight hes really gone downhill

8+2 from Shanes

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HGould said:

Deluded maybe but I think Shanes Morris and Neilsen are very capable of out scoring Bowtell, Coles and Morley and that could be significant. 

Im confident that Pickering, Sedgeman and Wells can match Plymouth heat leaders. 

Shanes, Morris & Nielsen = 22 pts

Bowtell, Coles & Morley = 5 pts

Pickering, Sedgmen & Wells = 22 pts

Barker, Andersen & Nicholls = 33 pts

Despite Pickering top scoring, it was the lower half of the team that won it for Birmingham it seems!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Col said:

I won't be coming again.until I don't have to drive to Wednesbury to get on.the M6!

The M6 junction is/was closed from Monday to Thursday this week. Should be back to normal next Wednesday.

Edited by S4r4h

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Is the biggest surprise 3 guests and no Harris, Brennan or howarth? :D

To be fair...

After a slow start to the guesting game (for him), Scott has now started to come to the party....

Maybe the TV work has got in the way a bit "early doors"?

Hopefully he can now make up for a bit of lost time..

Maybe now Scott is back in the guesting saddle it will encourage more riders to join in which can only add variety, as we dont see enough of some of these riders sometimes...

Some of which seem quite happy it would appear to ride for no more than just a paltry six or seven teams all year... 

It does make a bit of a mockery of the sport when only a few riders guest, so its important that the likes of Scott start to contribute more to this wonderfully derived system...

After all. It helps makes UK Speedway what it is...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, The H Man said:

Ellis gate, no con intended, all concerned  hoped it would be for the season but logistically for both parties and financially for the club it couldn't carry on, no hard feelings from either party and his replacement has scored  well in the majority of the meetings, so I don't think anyone was intentionally conned, sorry if you feel that you were.  

Did I hear correctly the other night on the FreeSports Swedish coverage that Adam Ellis has been binned off by his Swedish team... Perhaps Brummies may be interested in re-signing him again if that is the case :lol:

Edited by iainb

11 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Well done Birmingham I still feel we should have wonthis one though.

Not really; it was only the heat leaders who kept Plymouth in the match, and Birmingham should never have given away two of the 5-1s.

9 hours ago, Col said:

Ok meeting I suppose, decent close racing early on but became processional.

Of the three Gladiators exclusions the only one I'm convinced was the correct decision was the second, Pearson got to the first turn ahead & clamped Morley. Morley took a nasty tumble locking up hard. The other two I didn't have a great view of... instinct would suggest Andersen deserved to go, Bowtell didn't.

Thanks to Josh Pickering for making the meeting a contest. Why you wanted to go off gate 2 in heat 15 I do not know!  Question is did he pass Nicholls in heat 13 before Nicholls bike packed up?

The only Brummie that can be satisfied with that performance is Neilsen. Ok bet he feels rough! two falls & a push for a point 

Shanes & Morris were down on their modus operandi of 2021, Sedgeman was poor - gated once, had 4 laps to pass a visiting reserve but never looked likely to do so.

Wells was anonymous.  Pearson gave a point away in heat 2 but can't expect much more.

Barker clearly knows the quickest way around PB still.  Andersen scored more than he probably deserved. Nicholls was good value, expect more from MPT. Bowtell & Morley did enough, Coles wasn't too far off the pace but never looked like scoring.

should have been a lot more comfortable than it was and a couple of gate and go 5-1's as the track slickened up got the Gladiators back in to it.

Barker was excellent have to say.

Credit to the trackstaff on a very hot day for doing as well as anyone possibly could with the track, unlike last season it's clear that they are 100% trying and invested in some kit and that's all we can ask.

Hopefully when schools holidays come we can get a few hundred more in to just boost things up.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mikebv said:

To be fair...

After a slow start to the guesting game (for him), Scott has now started to come to the party....

Maybe the TV work has got in the way a bit "early doors"?

Hopefully he can now make up for a bit of lost time..

Maybe now Scott is back in the guesting saddle it will encourage more riders to join in which can only add variety, as we dont see enough of some of these riders sometimes...

Some of which seem quite happy it would appear to ride for no more than just a paltry six or seven teams all year... 

It does make a bit of a mockery of the sport when only a few riders guest, so its important that the likes of Scott start to contribute more to this wonderfully derived system...

After all. It helps makes UK Speedway what it is...

Roll forward to September, may be October and Guests Edward Kennett and Adam Ellis combine for a last heat 5-1 to win a famous Play off Final victory for Scunthorpe at Poole

• Haha 2

On 3/19/2022 at 3:03 PM, uk_martin said:

That's what I'm not sure about. The fans would certainly like 7 on their own riders every meeting. But is that Rogers's way of getting into the play-off's? Vissing hasn't got many competitive miles on the clock these past 3 years, and he's not getting any younger. Given that a guest would be up to a 8.92 average, that would be so advantageous to have if Vissing only rides to the ability of a 6 or 7 point rider when he does make an appearance. 

12 hours ago, The H Man said:

Vissing gate, there were/are hardly any heat leaders wishing to ride in the Championship, Claus was one who was.   Danish clubs squad system was always a bit of a risk but one the club had to take to with no other options readily available and season rapidly approaching, be delighted to hear what you'd have done differently?. 

The Vissing situation was foreseen by many people in the pre-season chat in the forums. With SO long being spent "checking fixture lists" prior to the signing, I can only conclude that this is no accident. And as for what I'd have done differently, I'd have made sure that some last year's riders were paid in full and on time so that they weren't in such a hurry to leave the club. Maybe then, some more options would have been available to choose from.

As for Ellisgate, again, plenty of people have expressed their grievances on here. No need to repeat it all again.

• Like 1