Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Poole Pirates 17th June

Just now, Mike0310 said:

I feel your pain it’s like us losing on Wednesday in a match we shouldn’t have and you’ve done the same tonight annoying ain’t it.

But a good performance to put in after a home defeat, would have been easy for their heads to drop but they didn't do that.

However this team isn't built to carry a HL, so good job the Cook boys and Drew covered for him a bit! 

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Yes that is unlucky but Cole’s was second wasn’t he when he fell so the luck evened out surely 

The point probably is that it is likely that Allen would have won the race anyway so you would expect a 4-2 to Scunthorpe in heat 14. Our problems are obvious, King isn't riding well but seemed to perform better later in the meeting but he should be getting double figures every meeting and Ablitt isn't up to this level. 

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Drew needs to get over his prang a couple of weeks ago and start scoring again. His confidence surely can’t be so fragile that a fall, albeit fairly nasty, sets him back like it has.

Nothing to do with that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevehone said:

Nothing to do with that

Yes, he did say pre meeting he had made a few changes and seems to have worked.:t:

Seems Poole and Glasgow have the same problem atm.

50 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well I read Cook broke down on the start line so that was unlucky. 

Did you watch heat 14 FB? Ablitt gated, Allen went around the outside but Coles was beautifully blocked by Ablitt and lost control, lifting and coming off. But for Bens chain coming off we would have got the 3-3 and at least a draw. 

• Like 1

Bet Poole are kicking themselves they didn't use a tac sub probably would have won that. Why was there no grading or watering?

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Did you watch heat 14 FB? Ablitt gated, Allen went around the outside but Coles was beautifully blocked by Ablitt and lost control, lifting and coming off. But for Bens chain coming off we would have got the 3-3 and at least a draw. 

No didn't watch I was looking at updates. Oh I see yes that was unlucky. 

Ablitt did a good job gating when Bens chain had come off. Could stop Allen coming around but blocked Cole’s which led to his fall. Downside was Ben was not under power so ended up with two riders only meaning a 3-2.

45 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But a good performance to put in after a home defeat, would have been easy for their heads to drop but they didn't do that.

However this team isn't built to carry a HL, so good job the Cook boys and Drew covered for him a bit! 

Poole will secure a top two position. They will not lose at home again and looking at their remaining away fixtures I think that a point in any of those meetings would be considered a disappointment. This all assumes that Danny King continues to deliver sub standard scores. The Pirates will be able to deal with this scenario. The crunch will be the play offs when a team built top heavy will need to have its top three delivering their averages home and away against the better teams in the league.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ray c said:

Not my choice for heat 15 but havvy knows best:t::)

Would have been my choice after a much better ride in heat 13. 

30 minutes ago, eric i said:

Bet Poole are kicking themselves they didn't use a tac sub probably would have won that. Why was there no grading or watering?

Could have done a TS in H6 but Douglas out so maybe not. Also H7 but we got a 5-1 anyway so wouldn't have done any better. I think they were waiting for H9. 

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Would have been my choice after a much better ride in heat 13. 

He was going so deep into some of the bends it looked like he was going backwards sometimes! 

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Could have done a TS in H6 but Douglas out so maybe not. Also H7 but we got a 5-1 anyway so wouldn't have done any better. I think they were waiting for H9. 

heat 5 Worral for zach cook?

47 minutes ago, eric i said:

Because the track was well prepared prior to the meeting so it didn’t need it, meaning the meeting was done in 1hr and 20 minutes including a few re runs !

• Like 2