British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Poole Pirates 17th June

27 minutes ago, eric i said:

heat 5 Worral for zach cook?

With hindsight probably yes but who knew we would have only a few heats to use it! 

I've always been of the opinion that you use it at the first opportunity.

• Like 1

Disagree with that! You need to time it right imo and also have best 2 riders, so sometimes you can't do it straight away. Very rarely to you see anyone in the Championship do it straight away! Most wait til they are strongest. 

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

He was going so deep into some of the bends it looked like he was going backwards sometimes! 

Lawson wouldn't have beaten Douglas either in my opinion. 

The Scorpions would have lost this meeting last season,the difference in having a top heat leader in Ryan Douglas is massive . The team is back upto strength now but there a slight break in fixtures 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Disagree with that! You need to time it right imo and also have best 2 riders, so sometimes you can't do it straight away. Very rarely to you see anyone in the Championship do it straight away! Most wait til they are strongest. 

But then you risk the opportunity being lost and losing the meeting by a point ;)

Poole's top three can beat anyone anywhere IMO so there shouldn't ever be a reason not to use a TS as soon as you can.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

But then you risk the opportunity being lost and losing the meeting by a point ;)

Poole's top three can beat anyone anywhere IMO so there shouldn't ever be a reason not to use a TS as soon as you can.

agree you can only do it once .take the chance when you can 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Easy to say that now! Still think they were waiting to do it in H9 and replace one of the reserves that was out with Lawson with Steve. Considering Zach struggled in his first two rides, who'd have thought he'd pop out and win H8? I didn't think we were going to get a 5-1 in that one!

38 minutes ago, ray c said:

agree you can only do it once .take the chance when you can 

Exactly why you have to time it well as if you use it at the wrong time then can stop you from getting back in the meeting, unless you do it the hard way of course!

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Lawson wouldn't have beaten Douglas either in my opinion. 

Maybe not, but you would hope Steve would and his partner get a third. Maybe Danny really wanted to do H15 idk, but was kinda surprised with the choice as second lowest scorer!

12 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

With hindsight probably yes but who knew we would have only a few heats to use it! 

Well not really hindsight I was surprise at the time , Worral had already beaten Allen and Kennedy in heat 3, overtaken Allen and getting one of  the fastest time for along time round ewr 56.46, Zach looked well off the pace in his first one. It was golden opportunity.

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe not, but you would hope Steve would and his partner get a third. Maybe Danny really wanted to do H15 idk, but was kinda surprised with the choice as second lowest scorer!

Well the only rider that beat Douglas all night was King so that is why he would have been my choice in heat 15. 

Danny King changed bikes after his first races so I hope he sticks with them and sends the other  (new?) one back to the tuner!!!

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well the only rider that beat Douglas all night was King so that is why he would have been my choice in heat 15. 

Only just! He didn't make it easy for himself going so deep in the bends but seemed to have more straight line speed than Dougie. Maybe I'm being overly harsh idk, I was just surprised considering he was struggling most of the time.

Any way there was a lot of decent racing that track last night which you often see else where  one race reminded me of the loram hamill race of a few years ago