Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Poole Pirates 17th June

Speaking as a neutral; some of the racing last nite was brilliant, the likes of Douglas, Allen, Worrall, Lawson & King (late on) gave terrific entertainment, loved it.  A meeting where you could've dragged non-fans 'kicking & screaming' ;)(!) to watch and they would've said "that was great, I can understand why you enjoy speedway".  Good stuff :D....

Edited by martinmauger
grammar 2x
  • Like 5

Some good racing last night, but we threw some points away too. Can't help feeling we gave the Pirates a point and let a substantial lead fritter away. Another 3 points and at this stage of the season our aim is to stay in the top six, after that its start again and all to play for. I am still   of the opinion whoever scores the most league points wins the title, but it prolongs the season and gives the underdogs a chance of the trophy.

Shout out to Rob and his track staff, who provided a good race surface in 30 degree heat and drying wind. The Poole fans near to me, were thankful the track was not dusty, didn't need tractor racing and could make their long journey home after 15 heats in 80 minutes.

• Like 1

Scunny has always produced good racing, one of the better tracks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Speaking as a neutral; some of the racing last nite was brilliant, the likes of Douglas, Allen, Worrall, Lawson & King (late on) gave terrific entertainment, loved it.  A meeting where you could've dragged non-fans 'kicking & screaming' ;)(!) to watch and they would've said "that was great, I can understand why you enjoy speedway".  Good stuff :D....

Yes, very good racing. Similar to Redcar. Is that typical for Scunthorpe or did we just get lucky with going there on a good day? 

50 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, very good racing. Similar to Redcar. Is that typical for Scunthorpe or did we just get lucky with going there on a good day? 

Most weeks it's like that . Last night was a good meeting and it's a always better when a the opposition have strong heat leaders

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1