British Speedway Forum
Gambo

Championship Riders Final

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Okay for Glasgow to hold the GB test match though! No thought for Oxford, Poole, Plymouth fans there that might want to go. Seems a bit hypocritical to me for Glasgow fans to moan about it. Although if it had to go up north at a Championship club then I would say Scunthorpe or Redcar.

Where to even start with this. The PLRC (as it will always be known) should be at a neutral venue. Sheffield or Belle Vue are ideal candidates and geographically sensible. Poole is in the backside of nowhere. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

If you live down here then it's definitely up north lol. Anyway when Poole held the World Cup managed to attract a crowd of at least 5k, didn't seem a problem then.

Those days are long gone

Just now, ray c said:

Those days are long gone

World Cups and test matches aren’t compatible to an event where fans would travel to support their (predominantly northern based) team either. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Where to even start with this. The PLRC (as it will always be known) should be at a neutral venue. Sheffield or Belle Vue are ideal candidates and geographically sensible. Poole is in the backside of nowhere. 

Lol, why does it have to be neutral? Considering most riders double up to be neutral would have to be at a national league track!!

I'll ignore the trolling comment and maybe you'll grow up a bit. It's good enough for millionaires :t:

14 minutes ago, ray c said:

Those days are long gone

Yes but my point was when push came to shove fans still travelled to it even though people moaned then about the location saying it should have been more central like Coventry.

At the end of the day, every track should be given the chance to stage a big meeting and not be penalised cos of geography. 

27 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes but my point was when push came to shove fans still travelled to it even though people moaned then about the location saying it should have been more central like Coventry.

At the end of the day, every track should be given the chance to stage a big meeting and not be penalised cos of geography. 

That simply cannot be applied as some tracks cannot cope with ‘big meetings ‘ due to lack of pit space, car parking and limited capacity crowd levels.

It's what is called sharing the big events around, why should it go to belle vue, Sheffield, Peterborough all the time, on the other hand did use to look forward to going to Hyde Road for the league riders championship, a brilliant day out with the fun fair and the speedway at night 

Will Newcastle be able to use a guest for BWD average lol

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol, why does it have to be neutral? Considering most riders double up to be neutral would have to be at a national league track!!

I'll ignore the trolling comment and maybe you'll grow up a bit. It's good enough for millionaires :t:

Even if you don’t think it needs to be neutral you’ll surely concede it should be accessible for as many fans of the participating clubs as possible?

I was describing Poole’s location in my previous post but seen as you’ve brought it up I happen to think Poole is a tip. Getting the ferry in next month and the best part of it is the A31 north. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 3:11 PM, Gambo said:

Due to take place at Poole on July 2nd, deferred to a later (unspecified) date due to potential Rider unavailability!

Riders dictating when Events are to be held now.If they were not available they should be fined banned and substitutes used.What about the fans,Treated like dirt again.

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Riders dictating when Events are to be held now.If they were not available they should be fined banned and substitutes used.What about the fans,Treated like dirt again.

Welcome to speedway.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Even if you don’t think it needs to be neutral you’ll surely concede it should be accessible for as many fans of the participating clubs as possible?

I was describing Poole’s location in my previous post but seen as you’ve brought it up I happen to think Poole is a tip. Getting the ferry in next month and the best part of it is the A31 north. 

I think Poole's track had problems for years and was sorted out at the end of August/beginning of September and have been rewarded with a big meeting. :t: Poole did stage the ELRC a few times in the past too. I still think it is unfair to be penalised because of where the track is. 

As with most places there are good parts and bad parts of any town or city. I'm sure Edinburgh is the same. Only takes a bit of research to know where the good parts are. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, screm said:

Welcome to speedway.

No, welcome to British Speedway you mean!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

No, welcome to British Speedway you mean!! 

You are probably right though there has been some odd goings on in other leagues around Europe. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wtf said:

Just don't understand why we have a National Speedway Stadium if we don't use it for National Speedway Events. What's the point? It's like playing the FA Cup final at different club grounds every year just for hoots :blush:

It's the National Speedway Stadium in name only, B.S.P. Ltd. don't own it. It was given the name to attract grants.

• Like 2